Author Topic: In need of some hair ideas - help!  (Read 12713 times)

Offline Pinklady

Re: In need of some hair ideas - help!
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2011, 05:19:44 PM »
Congratulations DJ! You both look so so happy!

Thank you Jen for posting!  :Flowers2:

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2011, 08:06:08 PM »
Yes! Everyone looks great. What a wonderful day.
The photos do a great job of imparting the essence. Thank you for posting them

Congratulations to the happy couple- and family!
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline Awestruck

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2011, 07:44:54 AM »
DJ you looked gorgeous and so did the rest of the wedding party. Such handsome men in their kilts ....
It looked to be a wonderful day.
Jen I can`t get over how much Amelia has grown !
Time flies.
Diamonds are like people, put them under a microscope and you`ll always see a flaw but hold them up to the Sun and each and every one is beautiful.

Online oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2011, 07:56:43 AM »
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Congratulations, DJ! I think your fears were totally misplaced. You look great.

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2011, 08:36:24 AM »
Congratulations DJ! 
She has spent her life best... who has enjoyed it most.

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2011, 09:31:35 AM »
LOVE the pictures.  DJ, you were even MORE beautiful in your formal wedding dress...and that man sure does look handsome in his kilt.  Best wishes to the both of you for a long, happy life together.

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2011, 02:03:56 PM »
Thanks for getting these photos posted so quickly, Jen.  It's almost like we were all there, too, cheering DJ and Rob on for the formal event.  So wonderful to see everyone so happy, and what a beautiful bride DJ made....again.  Yes, definitely more beautiful than the Vegas bride, but certainly no happier.  All the best to both of you, DJ!

PS.  And Amelia is really growing up!  What a gorgeous young lady she is coming to be.  BTW...she'd love my white cat Stitch - he likes gin and tonics or gin and cranberry, too.

PPS.  What's the sept for that tartan? Never seen one with such bloos!  I'm in lust.  And the Thistles in the bouquet!  Can't get 'em over here easily, and they looked phenomenal with your white roses, DJ.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 02:06:47 PM by ah2bqat »
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline titania

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2011, 06:01:40 PM »
I've not written in a long time. But I wanted to give a huge Congrats to DJ and say that the pictures are absolutely beautiful and everyone looks very, very happy. Jen, you and Amelia are blooming!

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2011, 08:55:35 PM »
I didn't think the blue dress could be topped, but man, that is a beautiful wedding dress!  The hair is perfect. 

The colors were so elegant!  We want MORE pictures! 

Umm...funny that Amelia has a crush on DJ's son, because I am crushing a little on DJ's hubby in that kilt. 

BTW, Amelia is SOOOO GROWN!!!!!!!!   She is so pretty...and practically a carbon copy of you MM! 

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2011, 03:06:02 PM »
I'm glad you all enjoyed the photos! It was a wonderful day.

GIAGirl (and everyone else thinking it... ;D) I can confirm that DJ's husband is very, very attractive in real life too! Amelia loved him as well as DJ's son and DJ's daddy. The child is incorrigible. (I liked DJ's daddy a lot too. He was very proud that day, and rightly so.)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:06:43 PM by Mrs Mitchell »
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2011, 09:44:38 PM »
Ohhh how I love weddings. The detail on that gown... so lovely. Congrats!!!

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2011, 06:34:32 AM »
Ok. Now this one is not good at all. I think it's still worth posting, though....

everybody.....it's fun to stay at the Y  M  C   A

OMG!!!!!  Laughing my tush off!!!!!  I would like to point out here that I was helping out a very old friend of mine who I love dearly........as he swore he knew nothing of the dance/song/words despite the fact that I clearly remember the two of us doing justice to it numerous times as teenagers!  Man that was fun!

We had a wonderful day - Jen, I was chuffed to bits to see you and loved getting to ring swap with you! x  I will have one of those asscher bands one day......oh yes I will!  Thank you for coming out to spend the day/evening with us.  And for anyone who is blind, Amelia is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!  She stole the show - totally adorable.  Jen, she is a real treasure.  Cannot believe how big she has grown.

PS  Tell Jamie thank you for the comments on my dress/hair - I do take those as serious compliments!!  I loved the dress - I'd have been happy to wear it home the next day too.  Bah, who needs to be able to drive....... ;)

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2011, 02:30:27 PM »
If that was my dress (and figure) I'd wear it around the house and to every function I attended until my dying day.  ;)

Amelia had a fantastic time - she was so excited to be there, her dress held together and my hand had healed nicely.

We did have the obligatory moment when two CDIers meet of trying on each other's DBL stuff. The depth and intensity of the ensuing discussion on cut, colour and clarity had a few people smiling and shaking their heads, according to my husband (I'm guessing he might have been one of them...).

That yellow heart necklace is just exquisite. It's beautiful in photos, but in the flesh, it has even more of a wow factor (a bit like Mr and Mrs DJ, actually).

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2011, 02:36:23 PM »
Funny story - I went to the ladies' room during the reception, and saw a woman in there touching up her make up. She was wearing a dress that looked very much like a wedding dress to me. I was shocked. Who goes to a wedding in a long white dress?

Maybe I should add a couple more details here - third gin and tonic already, and no glasses on. 

So anyway, I went back to our table and was telling DH all about this woman who had the front to come wearing something that would have people who didn't know any better mistake her for the bride. I was all puffed up and indignant about her bad taste.

He told me gently that the hotel actually had two function rooms, I'd wandered into the wrong bathrooms and that she was indeed the bride, just not the one from the wedding we were attending.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2011, 03:14:06 PM »
I love that story  too funny!!  ;D
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2011, 06:42:45 PM »
Funny story - I went to the ladies' room during the reception, and saw a woman in there touching up her make up. She was wearing a dress that looked very much like a wedding dress to me. I was shocked. Who goes to a wedding in a long white dress?

Sounds like you did have glasses on thanks to the gin and tonics.

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2011, 12:27:04 PM »

Maybe I should add a couple more details here - third gin and tonic already, and no glasses on.  

So anyway, I went back to our table and was telling DH all about this woman who had the front to come wearing something that would have people who didn't know any better mistake her for the bride. I was all puffed up and indignant about her bad taste.

He told me gently that the hotel actually had two function rooms, I'd wandered into the wrong bathrooms and that she was indeed the bride, just not the one from the wedding we were attending.

ROFL!!!!  Well, if it makes you feel any better, I had no idea for the longest time that there was another wedding going on.  In fact, I never saw the bride!!!  I'm fairly sure they didn't stay the night - I think we had the hotel booked up!

Rob and I are already planning an anniversary road-trip back to Gretna.  I think we'll head over your way for the day too - have any plans for May 11th, 2012?!?!?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:27:17 PM by diamondjunkie »

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2011, 02:06:11 PM »
Morning or afternoon?  ;D

I saw no evidence of the other wedding either, except for the bride. They were really quiet! Compared with us...

I must say, it was a very nice venue  and I'm still impressed it was all done and planned from another country! The food was fantastic, the tables were beautiful, the room was elegant. All just exactly right.

We'll be thrilled to help you celebrate your first anniversary. If you're in the country, come for dinner - I promise I won't let J cook. ;)

Offline Rubymu

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2011, 09:11:29 PM »
Congratulations DJ, you look absolutely stunning and blissfully happy.  Looks like it was a wonderful day.  So very pleased for you.

All the best for your future with your gorgeous new hubby! :hugging: