Author Topic: I got the call...the box is on it's way!  (Read 13403 times)

Offline lovecolor

I got the call...the box is on it's way!
« on: April 20, 2011, 06:39:32 PM »
I actually got David's call 5 hours ago.  I thought how nice, my ring and pendent will be coming tomorrow.  I was very happy and "oddly" calm.  Well, 5 hours later and can I tell you that my hand is shaking as I'm typing these words...WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME???   I even feel my heart beating a little faster than usual.   And now I feel like SCREAMING... :yahoo: :Banane13: :ura1:     I don't know how I'm going to get through the night...  :drunken_smilie:  (or maybe I do...)   

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
Re: I got the call...the box is on it's way!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 07:03:24 PM »
How awesome!!  Be sure to take pics of everything.  I can't wait to see what the ring and pendant look like!
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 07:21:11 PM »
OK...take a deep breath....you may not sleep tonight, but it will be ok because people will be too blinded by your bling to notice the bags under your eyes.  I cannot wait to see!!!! 

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 07:23:01 PM »
We'll be waiting along with you, take lots of pictures.

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 07:52:21 PM »
This is nuts...I have had this crazy, *******  GRIN on my face for the past hour...and I think I'm getting blinded by the sparkles I see in my mind!  Breathing deeply now...I hope my hand steadies enough to take the pictures tomorrow. 

I think I should warn you all...I chose to only have YELLOW sparkles for these pieces.  Lots of beautiful little sparkles!   I was looking for an understated look to wear daily...there's nothing but naked Fancy Yellow diamonds in yg coming to me... :yahoo:

(now, my wishlist is a little more FANCY...and way more expensive, so for now, they will have to stay on my wishlist just a little longer  >:D  )     

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 08:19:47 PM »
I totally understand your feeling.  I was that way with my Sunny.  It was hard to wait for her to show up.

Try to get some sleep tonight and dream of your pretty Fancy Yellows. 

I know what you chose for your ring, but I don't remember if you've said what you chose for the pendant... so what will that one look like?
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 08:36:02 PM »
My pendent is a .74 fy oval that will be attached to the chain...like this:

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 10:04:50 PM »
Great choice!  Simple and elegant. Your set will look divine!  Each alike in color but unique in style. I think they will be great together without being matchy matchy!

I hope that made sense. I need to get to bed.  We had severe weather with rotations in the storms causing tornado sirens to go off at about 2:40 am. I didn't sleep much after that.  At any rate I cannot wait to see the photos!
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 11:12:32 PM »
Wow, I'm sorry about the tornado scare...I hope it's calm now where you live!  And, yes, you hit it perfectly, I didn't want it too "matchy matchy".  Sometimes, all you really need is a great diamond to speak for itself, and thanks goes to David for providing so many great stones to choose from!

Now for Goodness sake... Squiggly,  I hope you have a safe and quiet night sleep and I"ll try and do the same!   ;) 

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 07:23:41 AM »
It's tornado season here.  Fortunately where I specifically live we don't see them much.  Just north and south of me though get them more.  So we had some nasty storms but nothing incredibly dangerous.  Just hard to selep though.  I slept like a baby last night though ;D

So.....

today's the day!!!  I bet you are excited!  Oh and how did you sleep last night thinking about them? ;)
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 08:17:10 AM »
Well luckily, I was distracted by my family's ventures...I have one son who came home from college last night for Easter Recess and my other son came home from a 3 day college shopping trip with DH...lot's of laundry, cooking and catering to, leaving me calm and plenty tired, just enough to stop the "madness" in my mind.  At the end of the day, all that was left was this quiet little smile on my face as I fell asleep.    :angel:      (I'm pretty calm now though, but I have a feeling the madness might start again shortly...)  >:D

Tornado season must be really difficult to live with...to many of them in the news recently.  So many homes and families ruined... I can't imagine how anyone could get to sleep or do anything "normal" once the sirens go off.  How do you get use to that?    ???    Well, I'm so glad to hear that you don't live near those areas.   Stay safe!    :)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 09:27:41 AM »
If you are still calm I'm impressed.  I have a pair of shoes I ordered from Zappos that are being delivered today.  I'm really excited/anxious for those and they aren't a pretty diamond or two LOL.

Glad you had some diversions though.  I bet it must be nice to have the kids under the same roof again even if just for a little while.

As for tornadoes, the good thing is where I specifically live tornadoes are very rare.  I live in a suburb right next to a major city.  Something about the heat of the city means the storms go north and south of us.  We usually don't get tornadoes, just severe storms.  Other areas of the state I live in are much worse off than we are, but as a whole my state is not as bad as some of the states that you hear on the news so much for tornadoes.  At least I don't think so.  We're more on the edge of tornado alley than really in the deep of it.

A tornado siren here means you turn on the TV and see where the storms are the worst.  They can spot rotation of clouds much better now and really very accurately pinpoint where those who should take shelter live.  It makes it a lot less stressful to me.  We know where is safe and where is not.  Once the storms pass (and they usually aren't long lasting) we can definitely relax.  In fact my son slept through everything from Tuesday night.  No point in waking a child at 3am when nothing is near us.

We also get weekly siren testings so hearing a siren doesn't automatically create panic.  I think when you are used to hearing sirens and doing drills often enough as a kid it becomes less stressful.  Particularly when your area is safer than others.  We take it seriously but it's not horrible.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 09:45:26 AM »
You are a pillar of strength Squiggly!      :notworthy:        You make severe storms sound like a "passing sunshower".  I still get creeped out when we have a thunder storm...bolts of lightening make me jump out of my seat!     :-[       

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 09:56:31 AM »
Pillar of strength?  You should see me when a spider crosses my path ;)

Really none of my friends gets too freaked out by the storms like that.  I think it's what you're used to.  Just like we're used to snow.  It annoys you but you don't get worked up driving in it or anything.  I actually love a good thunderstorm :)

The idea of real earthquakes freak me out though.  Like the big ones in CA would scare me to death to the point I wouldn't ever want to live there.  Major volcanoes do too! 
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline Awestruck

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 02:14:05 PM »
Congrats on your new pieces !
Will look forward to seeing the pics  :laugh:
Diamonds are like people, put them under a microscope and you`ll always see a flaw but hold them up to the Sun and each and every one is beautiful.

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 02:51:06 PM »
Well guess whose been driving with only one eye on the road???  The boxes came just when I was about to leave for an appointment.  So of course I quickley tore open the boxes, threw the ring and pendent (only glancing in the mirror for two seconds and drove away.  Maybe there should be a law against driving with new jewelry on!   I love how they came out!  Of course though, I now see the need for one more project...I have to make a second ring to stack with this one!  I have a little white asscher diamond pendent that I think will look so great next to this yello one.  The wheels are turning... 

I've been taking pictures...I think this one is of the ring...     

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 02:55:46 PM »
It's not showing well...I'm sorry, it's so sparkly and yellow on my hand...I'll try to improve my camera/computer skills... :1087:   

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 03:02:59 PM »
This is better!  Still much prettier in person... :love10:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 03:04:31 PM by lovecolor »

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 03:35:51 PM »
I've tried to take a picture of my pendent using my camera/phone and a mirror...   :dontknow:   

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 03:49:33 PM »
 :th_AWA123112:

Congratulations! Enjoy - but perhaps not while driving, at least for a couple of days. You know: keep all the wheels turning.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:24:07 PM by oldmancoyote »

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 04:02:43 PM »
So very beautiful!  I think they both look fabulous.

That's a very good shot of the necklace considering you took it via the mirror.

Be careful driving for a while ;)
Elaine aka Squiggly

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 04:50:39 PM »
Congrats, LoveColor.  They're both beautiful.  Wear them in good health.  I think all of us are guilty of admiring our rings while driving.  Be Careful!!!!!!

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011, 05:07:50 PM »
OMG!!!!!!! Love, love, love!!!!!!!!  I love a good oval!!!  AWESOME!

Offline MASPA

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 06:55:29 PM »
Congrats, LoveColor.  They're both beautiful.  Wear them in good health.  I think all of us are guilty of admiring our rings while driving.  Be Careful!!!!!!

Oh I am guilty!

Looks like you're starting a nice DBL collection there.  Enjoy!

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 07:40:43 PM »
Uh, I do it everyday.  Look out world, DAF is driving down the street!  haha.   Seriously though, I love letting the sun shine in the SIDE of my yellow diamonds.  They light up.  It's awesome.