Author Topic: Just Do It...Call DBL Today  (Read 10559 times)

Offline Liz

Just Do It...Call DBL Today
« on: December 23, 2010, 01:13:06 PM »
Where do I start?  Last year  at this time exactly, I was in the process of purchasing a gorgeous white oval diamond to be set in a pink halo from David.  We had just bought a new house and really, everything was great....until my husband got laid off.  Needless to say, I had to cancel the ring...and really, I just stopped posting because I was embarrassed that I couldn't finish that project.  :'(  Here we are a year later and my husband just got laid off again! Unbelievable how things work.  We are blessed though, we've been able to keep the house on my income, we have food on the table and truly, we are happy.   :laugh:

This year is different though...I was able to get R2034 and a curved wedding band to go with it.   :4:

Offline Liz

Re: Just Do It...Call DBL Today
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 01:15:24 PM »
Now I don't know if David wants me to share all the details of this transaction, but if it weren't for him working with me in a totally unexpected way, I wouldn't have this beautiful set today.  And, I love it!

David, thank you, thank you! 

P.S.:  For those of you who have never seen a yellow diamond...OMG...they are stunning.  You've got to see one to believe it!

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 02:06:46 PM »
Kati - multiple congratulations to you and your husband, for the ring you got and the one you missed out on, for getting back on your feet so quickly - and you will do so again, for getting the house and keeping it, for being back here and telling us what happened. I am just sorry that we missed you - please stay around and no matter what happens, you are among friends and need to feel no embarrassment whatsoever.

Thank you for sharing!

Offline Liz

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 03:53:47 PM »
Thank you OMC.  :D

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 05:59:06 PM »
Aww, congratulations on getting your ring.  We're all diamond lovers here, colored or not.  Yellow diamonds have an sparkle that is hard to describe, it's so different from that of a colorless diamond. 

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 08:33:50 PM »
Congratulations on a stunning ring!  I would love to see hand shots of this one.  I was just looking at it a few weeks ago and admiring the look of it. 

We've been there through the layoffs as well and I must say you sound like you have a fantastic outlook.  Best wishes to your husband in finding a job.  I hope that 2011 brings you all great things!
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 11:27:29 PM »
I went though a layoff as well, and it was horrible.....however, I am super glad you got to keep your house and got your ring!  I am a big fan of that ring!!! 

Offline annie1

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 11:39:51 AM »
I very nearly owned that ring long ago, so needless to say, it's one of my favorites.  I'm glad it's going to such a good home.  She's a beauty!  I hope you stick around to chat with us!
:duckie:  Annie  :duckie:
DBL Technical assistant, CDI Moderator
Check out DBL's new items!

Offline GracefulLion

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 11:41:49 AM »
Really nothing to be embarrassed about.  So many people are going through this now, and fabulous dbl bling aside, what I have loved about CDI since its inception is how loving, kind and non-judgmental the members are.  David really just fosters a playful and caring environment here that is really special.

Your ring is a stunner!  Hand shots please!

Offline Liz

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 01:10:30 PM »
Thank you all for the super sweet comments and welcome back.  I actually have pics...just need to transfer them to my computer and upload.  I will do that soon...promise.  :laugh:

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 03:20:08 PM »
Really nothing to be embarrassed about.  So many people are going through this now, and fabulous dbl bling aside, what I have loved about CDI since its inception is how loving, kind and non-judgmental the members are.  David really just fosters a playful and caring environment here that is really special.

Your ring is a stunner!  Hand shots please!
I've picked up on that as well.  It seems like if you change your mind here, no one says a thing.  I know I've asked a few things that never came about or changed my mind on last minute LOL.  In fact I am sure David loves my e-mail I sent asking some long drawn out questions about earrings  :-[

But since good and bad can come your way I would never feel bad about having to wait on a piece of jewelry.  I think it is so wonderful though that you came back.  I can't wait to see the hand shots1
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 03:25:47 PM »
Congrats on your new DBL purchase! But, even more so for sticking together when times get tough. We have all been there at one time or another. Welcome back and please do stick around for awhile. Never be embarressed with us. here you are among friends. wishing you luck in all things!!!
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 03:48:34 PM »
Kati - multiple congratulations to you and your husband, for the ring you got and the one you missed out on, for getting back on your feet so quickly - and you will do so again, for getting the house and keeping it, for being back here and telling us what happened. I am just sorry that we missed you - please stay around and no matter what happens, you are among friends and need to feel no embarrassment whatsoever.

Thank you for sharing!

me, too Kati!  Many congratulations and best of luck in the future.  There's not a one of us who hasn't had something bad happen, or something good, either.  I love that this forum accepts both the bad and the good that happens in life, and is willing to celebrate, commiserate, or try to uplift each other.  Hope you will stay to play and know you are welcome to share as you choose.  

And pictures, soon, please.  I love that E-W beauty!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 03:59:17 PM by ah2bqat »
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 03:52:00 PM »
[snip]In fact I am sure David loves my e-mail I sent asking some long drawn out questions about earrings  :-[
[snip]

He's well trained. He's been getting quite a few of those from me - but they most likely make less sense than yours. Then I expect him to read my thoughts and produce the jewels. Which he does, most of the times. ;)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2010, 04:06:48 PM »
[snip]In fact I am sure David loves my e-mail I sent asking some long drawn out questions about earrings  :-[
[snip]

He's well trained. He's been getting quite a few of those from me - but they most likely make less sense than yours. Then I expect him to read my thoughts and produce the jewels. Which he does, most of the times. ;)
I've noticed he is well trained!  Fortunately I am not in a rush and might wait until I have my birthday to decide.  Hopefully I was clear w/o being too drawn out and chatty like (which I always am) LOL

He's a patient guy for sure!
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 05:43:28 PM »
I'm late to the party, but WOW, how I love your ring!

I'm so glad things are good for you now and that you got this beauty.

I must admit, I tried this one on more than once when I was in the office and I thought it was the most amazing ring. It's really beautiful, one of a kind. The stone is fabulous and I hope you'll wear it in good health.

Congratulations!

Jen
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 02:45:22 PM »
That is a stunner. The color is a wow. If and when I trade up my halo, I have to have a diamond at least that yellow!