Author Topic: A sad story that never seems to end  (Read 22575 times)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
Re: A sad story that never seems to end
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 11:08:47 PM »
Trust me she knows of this place. She admired my Sunny from the start and loved the reset and other pretties. I respect her loyalty to the local place who really did a lot for her free of charge. They even sent someone to court after they found out a letter would not be allowed as evidence. This is all stuff only someone local could do.  She feels she has to use them and I think they held a stone for her as well.  The at least were willing to loan her a stone.

Oddly enough this store has since fallen from my graces and I will not return there (took me calling them 4 separate times to find out status of a very simple watch repair, sales person said the prongs for my diamond weren't good for my princess stone.... the one that is a radiant and one other issue I had when getting sized). I do respect her choice though.  I would feel obligated too since they did so much work without any pay.

She did love what I showed her so maybe some day. For now they are focusing on her setting and getting that fixed so she can finally wear it again.  It's been about a year and a half since she could.
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 12:24:24 AM »
Step one out of the way. Now I hope the slime mould isn't going to slither away to avoid payment. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 07:04:16 AM »
I hope so too.  She is aware she may not see the money but at least now she can get the ring fixed and sized properly.  At minimum it is a great personal victory.  The confirmation that they were wronged means a lot to her.
Elaine aka Squiggly

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 10:04:34 PM »
This is an amazing story of perseverance. I hope it all turns out!

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2011, 12:15:08 AM »
Indeed, Meb Wistress.

Squigs, please tell your friend we are all sending good wishes.  No one should have to go through what she and her fiance have done. I surely hope we are going to see a happy ending for her.
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 07:34:46 AM »
It's been a bit crazy at church lately so I haven't talked about this with her.  I do know that he had 15 days to appeal and then they had to wait to see if he would pay.  If he doesn't they can go through the courts to garnish wages or at least put a lien on his property.  I hope the guy just pays though.  I'll have to remember to ask when I see her next.
Elaine aka Squiggly