Author Topic: New Ring Came Today  (Read 4335 times)

Offline mnafcl

New Ring Came Today
« on: August 04, 2010, 08:07:01 PM »
I really can't say enough good things about the experience buying from David and DBL. My ring came today, right on time, and it has exceeded my expectations in every way. It's really beautiful, and I am sure my wife is going to be thrilled when I figure out how to surprise her with it. I even took it to a local independent appraiser and he had nothing but praise, confirmed for me what my gut already told me from working with David that everything was totally as described and not only was it a nice piece but it was a good deal too. This was my first time buying jewelry (or anything this expensive, for that matter) online, and I wanted a second set of eyes even though David and DBL never gave me any reason to doubt that everything was legit.

Anyhow, the light isn't that great here right now and I can't really have this out too much because my wife, who is sitting right downstairs, doesn't know anything about the ring yet, but here is one bad picture. I will try to get more up later if I get the opportunity or at least a finger shot after the surprise is done.

David, if you read this, thanks again for everything. I have a feeling you have made me look pretty good on this one, and I look forward to working with you if and when I need jewelry again.

Offline Trinkette

Re: New Ring Came Today
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 08:22:02 PM »
Such a lovely note. And, such a very pretty and unique ring. A solid, classic that can be worn anywhere, anytime, forever. Congratulations, mnafcl, on a wonderful choice. I KNOW that your wife will be absolutely delighted. She's a lucky woman to have found such a thoughtful and loving husband!

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 08:24:53 PM »
Mnafcl-

Wow--you did fantastic! That is a beauty and I'm sure your wife will be impressed with it. I'm looking forward to hearing how you plan to surprise her...please keep us in the loop.

As for DBL exceeding your expectations...that is music to our ears. We are happy that you are happy. Please send handshots after the surprise.

All the best,
djm

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 08:28:23 PM »
That is a beautiful ring!!  I am with DJM, we need handshots after the surprise!  I am sure your wife will absolutely love it.  You are such a sweet husband to make this surprise for her!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 08:29:46 PM by clgwli »
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 09:00:06 PM »
What a wonderful thing to do - surprise your wife with such a lovely ring!  Can you come give my dearly beloved some lessons?  Seriously, though, please do keep us in the loop - we'd love to hear how you surprise her and her reaction to such a wonderful gift.  And hand shots please - the more the merrier.  :4:
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 09:05:25 PM »
 :'(  That is so sweet that you are doing this!  I know she will love it!

Offline mnafcl

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 09:06:25 PM »
I managed to get a few better shots -- still doesn't do it justice, but do they ever? Also, ignore my giant thumb.  :)

I will let everyone know how it turns out and get some hand shots as soon as I can.

Offline annie1

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 09:27:27 PM »
Beautiful!  It looks shockingly similar to the ring my husband and I chose for my engagement ring (same setting, similar shape/size/color of diamond), and I'm very happy with it.  This is a classic she'll treasure forever!
:duckie:  Annie  :duckie:
DBL Technical assistant, CDI Moderator
Check out DBL's new items!

Offline Sanchica27

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 09:36:41 PM »
What a lucky wife and a lovely husband!  I think I would die of shock if my DH ever surprised me with something like this!
always saving up for my next piece!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 09:53:01 PM »
I just have to say that I positively adore this setting.your picutres showed off how divine this underwire setting is. I know I commented before but that side profile shot is beautiful. I know your wife will love this forever.
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Mikla

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 10:48:39 PM »
Really nice setting!  I never really noticed this style until now, but WOW!  And kudos for such a thoughtful, surprise gift.  Was there a particular occasion you had in mind when you decided on this ring as a gift?

Mikla
Diamonds make me jump for joy! :bliss:

My Gallery Images

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 08:28:58 AM »
Yay! So glad you're happy with it. I think it looks fantastic - that is one of my favourite designs and the stone you picked works so well with it.

Please do let us know what your wife thinks!

Jen
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline crh

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 09:00:41 AM »
I'm certainly looking forward to seeing the ring I ordered after reading this.  I think you made a very good choice!

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 07:03:42 PM »
now THAT i like! classic and elegant. she will be blown away!!!
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."