Author Topic: All colors of Fancy Colored Diamonds  (Read 17230 times)

Offline saqsay1

Re: All colors of Fancy Colored Diamonds
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 03:41:54 PM »
OMG I am so jealous............ pink lemonade. I have wanted a pink lemonade ring FOREVER............... *sigh*. Congrats Pinky! You have acheived the ultimate DBL creation  :hail: :hail: :hail: :green:
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 03:47:49 PM »
That sounds like an awesome choice there!  Some day I think I might like to own a pink lemonade ring myself.  The color of diamond in that setting will look divine!
Squiggly

Offline Pinky

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 04:02:54 PM »
Thank you, Thank you!  That design is the bee's knees, cat's meow, cool, awesome, sik, schweet.

I am already thinking of a nice necklace to go with "Pink Lemonade." :bliss: :bliss: :smileyparty:

A little (pinky) diamond surrounded by little yellow diamonds.

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 04:16:43 PM »
Welcome, Pinky!
Congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary and also your first DBL purchase.  You won't be disappointed.  The one thing we insist upon in the forum are handshots, handshots and more handshots.  You'll be surprised at how it looks in different lighting situations when you photograph it.  Quite a few of us here are big fans of the lighter yellow diamonds.  I myself have a Y-Z radiant, a FLY marquise, and hopefully soon a pair of FLY cushion studs.  Oh, you'll love the pink halo, especially in sunlight.  Welcome again, and hope you become a regular here.

Offline Pinky

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 04:21:24 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome!  I will share my "pink lemonade" with everyone.  Then I will share all to follow :)

Thanks for letting me hang out with you all.

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 04:25:49 PM »
I LOVE those pink lemonade rings that D does!  His pink, rose, red gold is phenomenal in color and so are the stones he uses for the pink halos.  Just amazing.

Congratulations on your anniversary gift, and also for making it 25 years.  My hat's off to you Pinky.  We'll be anxiously awaiting your hand shots.   >:D
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline Pinky

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 04:35:01 PM »
Thank you.  I love your hand shot, simply gorgeous!

Offline Pinky

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2011, 06:48:27 PM »
Thank you for your welcoming words :)

I am getting the "Pink Lemonade".  A 0.71 radiant cut fancy light yellow diamond is the center stone, she will be surrounded by little pink diamonds laying in 18K pink gold and the band is white gold with liittle colorless diamonds.  DBL was so creative to come up with a design like this.  I feel in love with it the first time I saw it.

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2011, 07:46:52 PM »
Hi pinky!!
I'm so glad to see you here!!

I'm very excited about your ring.
We will be making more of this style- it's so very pretty.
Still, even if we make 100, each one will still be a "one of a kind"

It should be ready within six months.

KIDDING!!!!
We're already at work on it!
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 07:32:22 AM »
I saw a few of the pink lemonade style in person recently - you won't be disappointed! I love the colours together and the rings look incredible.

Jen
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 10:37:19 AM »
I like your idea for a matching set too!  I cannot wait to see this ring of yours  ;D
Squiggly

Offline Pinky

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 12:53:50 PM »
Good Afternoon!

I know that my ring will come out fantastic.

I got blurry eyed and cotton brained looking at rings at our local jewelers and on line.  I rested by mind and eyes and continued the search.

Then I saw "pink lemonade"  :drunken_smile: This would go on my right hand for my anniversary ring.  I called my best friend three states away and screamed with excitement that I finally found "the" ring. I asked her to look at it, she did and she liked it  :).

Once my husband came home he looked at all the prints I made of "the" ring.  He saw how thrilled I was and said "you get it."  :hugging: :love3: :love7:

Then it was time to pick out the center stone and David was very helpful in the process. He shared in my excitement. I think he has dealt with other women getting a FANCY DIAMOND ring. Thank you.

Stoically yours,

Pinky

Offline Luca73

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 02:59:21 PM »
Famous Fancy Colored Diamonds - from "The Splendor of Diamonds" by Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History

1. THE STEINMETZ PINK

59.60 carats
South Africa
Loaned by The Steinmetz Group
This oval gem is internally flawless and is the largest vivid pink diamond known. Because of its significance, experts from The Steinmetz Group took 20 months to cut it. The diamond was just unveiled to the public on May 29 of this year at a ceremony in Monaco.

2. THE MOUSSAIEFF RED

5.11 carats
Brazil
Loaned by Moussaieff
Although this triangular diamond is smaller than others on display, its vivid red color is astounding. Deep red is among the rarest of diamond colors. Cut and polished from a 13.9-carat crystal discovered in the 1990s by a Brazilian farmer, this is the largest red diamond known.

3. THE HEART OF ETERNITY

27.64 carats
Premier mine, South Africa
Loaned by a private collector
This large, fancy vivid blue diamond was displayed together with The De Beers Millennium Star at Londonís recent millennium celebrations. As with the Hope Diamond, the blue color comes from boron atoms trapped in the crystal structure.

4. THE ALLNATT

101.29 carats
De Beers mine, South Africa
Loaned by SIBA Corp.
Strongly colored diamonds weighing more than 100 carats are extremely rare, making this vivid yellow diamond truly exceptional. The color is the result of nitrogen atoms that replaced some of the crystalís carbon atoms. The gem is named after its former British owner, Major Alfred Ernest Allnatt.

5. THE PUMPKIN DIAMOND

5.54 carats
South Africa
Loaned by Harry Winston, Inc.
This diamond is a rare example of a strong orange color. Most diamonds in this color range are noticeably brown. It was purchased by Harry Winston, Inc., in 1998, and was worn in a ring by film actress Halle Berry in 2002 when she received an Oscar for her role in Monsterís Ball

6. THE OCEAN DREAM

5.51 carats
Central Africa
Loaned by Cora Diamond Corp.
Most diamonds of this hue have been artificially colored in the laboratory. But this stunning diamond was colored naturally. Radiation in the Earth caused defects in the atomic structure that gave rise to the blue-green color. The gemís strong color and large size are highly unusual.

7. THE BEERS MILLENNIUM STAR

203.04 carats
Democratic Republic of Congo
Loaned by DeBeers LV
Named for the recent passing of the millennium, this is the sixth-largest colorless, gem quality diamond ever discovered. The flawless, pear-shaped gem was cut by The Steinmetz Group over a period of three years from a 777-carat crystal discovered in the early 1990s.

I have seen all of these diamonds at an exposition in Rome , I think it was summer 2001. it is funny because i entered the exposition having on me, in an inside pocket my 5.62 ct N colour diamond i talked about in another post. i had gone to rome to get it certified. it was funny that my N colour diamond was bigger than the red in exposition there(but definitely the red is worth much much more i know)