Author Topic: Couple of Website Errors  (Read 3301 times)

Offline crh

Couple of Website Errors
« on: July 09, 2010, 04:46:11 PM »
Long time lurker, first time poster!  I sent the below to David, but wanted to alert some others of the problem as well!  See below:

:webmistress:

I noticed that you had some small typos and a duplicate R-number on the pages for some of the new earrings.  http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/diamond-earrings-46ct-natural-yellow-radiant-diamond-studs-18kt-gold-r3398  R3396, R3397, R3398, R3399, R3340 all use the same line:  "They are set in luxurious 18karat yellow golf".  Golf instead of gold, whoops!

I noticed too that you have a duplicate R3397 listed on your site--R3399 seems to 'exist' on your site listed as R3397 as well as the real 3397:  "Diamond Earrings: .83ct Yellow Radiant Diamond Studs 18kt Yellow Gold R3397"  "Diamond Earrings: .69ct Yellow Radiant Diamond Studs 18kt Yellow Gold R3397".  R3399 with its proper number doesn't seem to display on the "New Jewelry" pages though, it is only viewable by searching.

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
Re: Couple of Website Errors
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 09:08:27 PM »
Thanks for bringing this to our attention crh...we are pleased you came out of lurkdom.

With the volume of inventory that DBL puts out, sometimes it is easier to "cut and paste" the general comments and fill in with the the statistics that are specific to the piece. We take pride in the fact that all photos are the actual item in the inventory and available for purchase.  I'm not sure why R3399 is only viewable by searching but I'm sure WM has an explanation.

At any rate, thanks again for posting--we hope you will join in more. Any projects in the works?

djm
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 09:10:34 PM by djm195 »

Offline crh

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 09:33:15 PM »
Currently trying to pick the right stone for an ER!  One of the most important decisions of my life--no pressure.

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »
YAY! :ura1:  Congratulations, and thanks for coming out of lurkdom!  You do know that if you don't see it, either wait a week, or call DBL, right crh?

PULEESE start a new thread for your e-ring!  We all love adventures, even vicarious ones!
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 10:56:17 PM »
I know what this is all about.
Tiger Woods has given a bad name to golf- even 18kt golf.....hehehe

Seriously- thank you crh!

As is our policy, you will receive a $100 gift certificate for bringing this to our attention.
Just bring it to our attention if ( when) we do business together.

Thank you so very much!

All is fixed...hopefully

David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 10:56:48 PM »
Welcome, crh! Please stay out of lurkdom. We are all crazy, but friendly.

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 08:13:25 AM »
I agree stay out of lurkdom please!!!  I know I would love to hear all about your ideas for an engagement ring  ;D

I so agree that if you don't find what you want on the site, contact David.  He did great with me and a stone that I am so in love with :)
Squiggly

Offline crh

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 08:31:13 AM »
Thank you David, definitely WHEN, not if!

I think David and I have easily exchanged 20 emails so far.  A couple of the stones have caught my eye, but I'm not sure the winner has been found yet.  I've started a new thread where we can discuss that further if you folks are interested!

crh

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 08:23:22 AM »
Interested? Are you kidding? You bet we are.