Author Topic: Wow, is that a *yellow* diamond? It's gorgeous!  (Read 9235 times)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
Re: Wow, is that a *yellow* diamond? It's gorgeous!
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2010, 08:16:49 PM »
No such thing as being slightly obsessive!

Funny enough I was at the mall and used the public bathroom (I loathe them in general) and they were out of paper towels.  I had to use the hand dryers and it surprised me with how lovely my ring looked after that.  I guess the warm push of air helped to make it look purty.

So after church again today my friend took my hand and lead me to her husband.  She had to show off the ring.  They spend a lot of time at gem places and have an eye for good jewelry.  Even in our poor lighting he just loved it too and said how well cut it seemed to be.  She re-wrote down where the site was and hopefully she'll stop by.  I think she'll be in heaven here if she does see the place.
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Sparkly-OCD

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2010, 08:25:43 PM »
What's the difference between de-ionized and distilled water?
Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.  -Mark Twain

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 04:24:48 AM »
clgwli, if I was disclosing the full extent of my obsession, I'd be mentioning sonic toothbrushes and waterpics... ;D

Sparkly,  now you're asking! I'm not 100% sure, but I do know that distilled water is boiled then condensed to remove impurities, deionised water is filtered to remove ions. I'm going to guess that either would work just fine! I'm prepared to bet that OMC knows the answer in more detail though.  ;)
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 04:54:48 AM »
As Jen said, distilled describes the method; de-ionised describes the result. In both cases, it's water without dissolved minerals - which is what leaves the film/marks when the water dries off.

And as Jen also said, I cannot resist answering this type of stuff. ;D

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 07:19:04 AM »
I love hearing about all the ideas here really.  I need to look around and decide on a cleaner for myself.  I can't remember if I tossed my sonic toothbrush or not.  I didn't like how it felt while cleaning my fillings (weak enamel on my teeth so I have a few).  Currently I use a fast spinning brush from Oral B.  But I wouldn't have thought of that.  Been dying for a water pick though... must consider it and say it is for my teeth too  ;D

So you all should keep chatting about this stuff, I have lots to learn!!!
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 07:56:45 AM »
I have yet to apply that thing to my teeth, but it's great for getting between the stones in my asscher band.   ;)
OMC, yes, I'm pretty sure that's what I said... ;D I knew you'd know!
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Sparkly-OCD

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 10:48:13 AM »
As Jen said, distilled describes the method; de-ionised describes the result. In both cases, it's water without dissolved minerals - which is what leaves the film/marks when the water dries off.

And as Jen also said, I cannot resist answering this type of stuff. ;D

Thanks, I thought they were both mineral free; I wasn't thinking about the processes.

It's great having OMC on the forum; I don't have to research anything! ;D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:49:21 AM by Sparkly-OCD »
Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.  -Mark Twain

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2010, 02:58:16 PM »
It's great having OMC on the forum; I don't have to research anything! ;D
+1 Sparkly.  I learn as much here as I did when I used to read the encyclopedia for fun and entertainment as a child.
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline Geena1

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2010, 03:42:22 AM »
Thanks  :)