Author Topic: Reasons to go with people who *know* colored diamonds  (Read 9970 times)

Offline GracefulLion

Re: Reasons to go with people who *know* colored diamonds
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2010, 10:30:19 AM »
Nopie is incredible!!!  WOW!!!!! :4:

Offline Piglette

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2010, 04:36:36 PM »
Wow!  Nopie and I are blushin' !

Must get around to photos of the diamond as now set...

Y'all are sweeties (sweeties with great taste!) !

Offline NolaD

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 08:11:06 AM »
I've had very similar experiences with diamond jewelry stores.  For my five year anniversary my husband took me to pick out a diamond anniversary ring.  Well,I am never going back to a jewelery store again!!!!  I think I'd rather shop online, buy a loose diamond and just have it set by a custom designer.  Needless to say, I felt like I was totally talked down to and made to feel like I was wasting their time if I didn't buy a ring right there and then.  Plus, the fact that I'm a woman and I was asking all of the budget questions and technical questions for some reason was weird for them.  I don't know what the experience was like for my husband when he was buying me my engagement ring, but I imagine they were a bit more patient and polite.
Anyway, It's a good thing that I went well prepared with lots of questions, because otherwise, I think they were really trying to scam me and keep information from me as much as possible.
In the end of things, I had my husband buy me an antique cocktail ring at an auction.  It's absolutely gorgeous.  As soon as I get my digital camera fixed, I'll post a picture!