Author Topic: Do you have a dream tiara?  (Read 1478196 times)

Offline saqsay1

Re: Do you have a dream tiara?
« Reply #3100 on: November 24, 2014, 08:50:50 AM »
Laurel tiara with oriental pearls from an old European aristocratic property rosé gold and silver, an old-cut diamond c. 1.70 ct, smaller old-cut diamonds and diamond rhombus total weight c. 28 ct, c. 1880, 32.8 g, can be separated into 12 single brooches. In Greek mythology, the laurel represents the triumph of love. It was probably produced by the Petochi workshop in Rome. The pearls symbolize the white buds of laurel flowers. According to family history, the present item is a wedding gift.
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #3101 on: November 24, 2014, 08:56:54 AM »

Emerald, diamonds and white gold tiara, 187.5 carats

I can't say I like this one very much.

It seems to be one of those Indiana Jones "cursed idol" type of things...

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3102 on: November 24, 2014, 09:01:36 AM »
An amethyst tiara, made in France in the mid nineteenth century in the Empire style is made of gold and silver and has a complete set of amethysts of varying sizes, 9 large ovals that focus on articulating the tiara and over 150 small.
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3103 on: November 24, 2014, 09:09:26 AM »
Not the greatest picture, but this sapphire and what looks like a yellow diamond tiara is da bomb.

Russian Crown Jewels......

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3104 on: November 24, 2014, 09:10:31 AM »

Emerald, diamonds and white gold tiara, 187.5 carats

I can't say I like this one very much.

It seems to be one of those Indiana Jones "cursed idol" type of things...

Ahhhh OMC, your witty today  ;D

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3105 on: November 24, 2014, 09:37:05 AM »
Cartier Recreated Grace Kelly's Tiara for Nicole Kidman
Thursday, May 16, 2013, by Kenzie Bryant

Nicole Kidman in the tiara, via Grazia
Nicole Kidman is playing Grace Kelly in Olivier Dahan's forthcoming biopic Grace of Monaco. For the film, Cartier re-created some of the exquisite jewelry it created for the movie star-turned-princess in the 1950s, including a diamond-and-platinum tiara Kelly donned for her wedding portrait.

Kelly wore a lot of Cartier in her short lifetime. Prince Rainer III proposed to her first with a diamond-and-ruby Cartier eternity ring, and then again with a 10.47-carat Cartier diamond ring. He also gave her a three-strand diamond necklace that totaled a whopping 58 carats. That one was recreated for the movie, too.

Jewelry via Grazia
Dahan got the permission of the Monegasque royal family to reproduce the jewels. The film is expected to be released in late December.

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3106 on: November 24, 2014, 09:42:51 AM »
The ring and the necklace recreated with permission from Monaco's royal family.

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3107 on: November 24, 2014, 09:44:52 AM »
A close up
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:46:21 AM by saqsay1 »

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3108 on: December 24, 2014, 09:42:27 AM »
Just in time for Christmas, a holly leaf diamond tiara. I wouldn't mind finding this under my tree tomorrow.....

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3109 on: December 24, 2014, 09:43:13 AM »
It doesn't look terrible comfortable to wear though.....

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3110 on: December 24, 2014, 09:44:30 AM »
Or how about a ruby and diamond suite.....

If I remember correctly, the tiara can also be worn as a bracelet.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 09:45:23 AM by saqsay1 »

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #3111 on: December 24, 2014, 06:36:47 PM »
It doesn't look terrible comfortable to wear though.....
Well, I mean, one can always pretend it's a crown of thorns and wear it for Easter too...

Approaching one million views on this thread.

Merry Christmas/Chanukkah/Eid/Whatever else to all !

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3112 on: February 25, 2015, 10:41:51 AM »
Boucheron 1881-91. a tiara / aigrette made to represent fireworks.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 10:43:15 AM by saqsay1 »

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3113 on: February 25, 2015, 11:03:16 AM »
In honor of The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, Chrome Hearts has designed
their first tiara exclusively for Selfridges. The tiara, hand-crafted from 18K gold and colorless diamonds at the company’s factory in Hollywood, is designed with the CH+KH motif – a feminine butterfly-inspired shape. On the backside is engraved : GOD SAVE STEVE JONES.

Beginning in May, the one-of-a-kind Chrome Hearts piece will be included in the Wonder Room at Selfridges tiara exhibit.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:06:58 AM by saqsay1 »

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3114 on: February 25, 2015, 11:21:36 AM »
 Another strange tiara from those crazy kids at solange-azagury-partridge. White gold and diamonds.

"Named Mercury, after the messenger of the gods, the piece, which Azagury-Partridge likes to call a headband, features wings of blackened gold that nestle right above the ears. “It turns everyone who wears it into a bit of an angel,” she says. Well, actually, she corrects, “they look devilish and angelic at the same time because of the positioning of the wings.”
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:27:33 AM by saqsay1 »

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #3115 on: February 25, 2015, 02:50:48 PM »
Another strange tiara from those crazy kids at solange-azagury-partridge. White gold and diamonds.

"Named Mercury, after the messenger of the gods, the piece, which Azagury-Partridge likes to call a headband, features wings of blackened gold that nestle right above the ears. “It turns everyone who wears it into a bit of an angel,” she says. Well, actually, she corrects, “they look devilish and angelic at the same time because of the positioning of the wings.”
Fundamentally, I think they look idiotic, but never mind that.

The Boucheron piece, on the other hand... even if aigrettes are out of fashion...

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #3116 on: February 28, 2015, 11:41:34 AM »

Fundamentally, I think they look idiotic, but never mind that.

The Boucheron piece, on the other hand... even if aigrettes are out of fashion...
That's putting it nicely ;)
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #3117 on: February 28, 2015, 03:35:00 PM »
Well, as you know, Coyotes are renowned for their diplomacy...

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3118 on: March 01, 2015, 07:47:57 AM »
Well, as you know, Coyotes are renowned for their diplomacy...
Not to mention their beyond the pale sense of humor. ;-)

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3119 on: April 15, 2015, 08:59:00 PM »
 A rare diamond, conch Pearl, and natural Pearl trefoil tiara necklace. This piece will be coming up for auction this spring. No other details yet.

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3120 on: April 15, 2015, 09:04:22 PM »
Emerald and diamond tiara. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I found it and don't remember the details. :-*
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 09:07:35 PM by saqsay1 »

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3121 on: April 15, 2015, 09:11:27 PM »
An emerald and diamond tiara given by Henri Orleans of France to his niece Helene.

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3122 on: April 15, 2015, 09:36:31 PM »
2 tiaras belonging to the Duchess of Roxburghe. Both are up for auction in May by sothebys.

The 1st is late 19th century diamond tiara necklace.

The 2nd 1930's cartier diamond tiara. Both are expected to fetch between 300,000-500,000.

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #3123 on: April 16, 2015, 01:23:27 AM »
Interesting. At first sight, I would have said the Cartier piece would be a lot more (or rather that the earlier piece would be a lot less), but those pears/drops must be quite large and nice...

Prices seem to be significantly on the up - I wonder why.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 01:35:03 AM by oldmancoyote »

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #3124 on: April 16, 2015, 10:38:36 AM »
I agree with you OMC, I thought the same thing. I got the info out of Bloomberg magazine of all places. I'll check sothebys site.