Author Topic: Do you have a dream tiara?  (Read 1520125 times)

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
Re: Do you have a dream tiara?
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2010, 07:59:51 PM »
what do you mean by that OMC?

here is another Bozo type tiara.............
CPB-W is very "horsey" - both in looks and attitudes, so she'd perhaps like more a bridle than a tiara. And she does give me the impression of being rather tough... hence the reference to a scold's bridle. An altogether different type of head fixture which at times would fit her (and perhaps her husband) better than a tiara.

Just me being more convoluted than usual...

I need to scan and post a couple of nice tiaras pictures. T - how did you know they are by Faberge and Cartier?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:09:21 PM by oldmancoyote »

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2010, 09:27:02 PM »
OMC, here's a "safe," non-jewelry forum/vendor/blogger link for a brief about the Fabergé tiara.

http://www.hmnspress.org/Press_FullStory.aspx?contentid=440

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2010, 09:28:41 PM »
I can see that I'm going to have to purchase that big coffee table Tiara book.  ::)

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2010, 10:04:04 PM »
what do you mean by that OMC?

here is another Bozo type tiara.............
CPB-W is very "horsey" - both in looks and attitudes, so she'd perhaps like more a bridle than a tiara. And she does give me the impression of being rather tough... hence the reference to a scold's bridle. An altogether different type of head fixture which at times would fit her (and perhaps her husband) better than a tiara.

Just me being more convoluted than usual...

poor Camilla. well i admit i am not a huge fan of hers, but i do believe in true love. i think she makes him happy.
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2010, 10:07:13 PM »
heres a Harry Winston. i don't know when it was made but maybe D helped select the stones???
"If the US government were placed in control of the Sahara Desert, it would run out of sand in 25 years."

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2010, 10:12:01 PM »
I remember that order, it was a nightmare!

20,000 x .01ct 15,000  .015ct.
The counting the sorting, working my fingers to the bone......
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2010, 10:26:53 PM »
i'm sure it was pure torture  ;D

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 08:02:24 AM »
Poor David, such a hard worker bee.

Ebedner, I meant to write yesterday that I adore your two picks. Not sure which I like most. Both are exquisite. I'd seen the Russian one and couldn't download it. However, the Queen Vic sapphire tiara eluded me until your post. I'll take one of each, please.  ;D

Saqsay, I know there are a few out there with conversion capabilities, however, in concept, that just doesn't do it for me. A tiara should remain a tiara, period. Somehow, when I see it on the Countess Sophie's neck, I can't help but try to piece it back together as a tiara. Not good. Plus, it seems so... thrifty. Somehow, it just doesn't seem right thinking of royal jewels as "practical." Kind of like a sleep sofa... convenient, yes. However, I'm sure most of us who have one would really rather have two separate pieces of furniture.

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 08:42:06 AM »
Especially most of us who have (had) to sleep on one...

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 09:48:47 AM »
omc, don't you own a piece of a tiara? isn't it a clip or brooch?

Tinkette, i think even the royals had to be practical. i know some of Queen Elizabeth's Tiara's are convertable into necklaces and some of here tiaras the stones can be changed. now you have me off a a new quest *sigh*

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 09:58:58 AM »
here is one of the Queen's tiaras that the stones can be changed

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 09:59:37 AM »
same tiara with pearls

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 10:09:07 AM »
Well, I suppose swapping out the stones is OK.  ::)  However, I'm still not sold on the convertible crown/necklace. In the end, neither one seems to look quite right. And, if I were HER (whomever she may be) I'd hold out for the TWO, distinct, pieces.  >:D

I've seen another similar tiara with the interlocking circle design (the over-under linking pattern was different)... can't seem to remember where. Or, perhaps this is a copy of the original? Anyway, I like the overall design.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 10:11:42 AM by Trinkette »

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2010, 10:26:35 AM »
here is the russian fringe tiara that was given by Queen Mary to Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, who gave it to her daughter Princess Elizabeth, who the loaned it to princess Anne for her wedding day. oh those thrifty royals.

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2010, 10:27:44 AM »
Princess Elizabeth

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2010, 10:28:33 AM »
princess anne

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2010, 10:29:33 AM »
and finally the fringe as a necklace.

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2010, 06:58:03 PM »
In a weird sort of way, I think Princess Anne managed that one best.

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 07:05:04 PM »
Although Margaret remains the prettiest girl of the lot.

saqsay1: yes, I have a centre clip by Cartier London, which was most likely made for a tiara in 1937.

OMC, here's a "safe," non-jewelry forum/vendor/blogger link for a brief about the Fabergé tiara.

No, sorry, what I meant is how did you guess that the photos I was going to scan were of F & C pieces? You read minds?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:07:35 PM by oldmancoyote »

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2010, 07:17:10 PM »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Nope, I don't read minds. That would be a fun little skill to have.   ;D

There is a Cartier out there that I like and I didn't find during my quick browse, perhaps you have it... (there, feel needed now)? The one I posted is lovely, however, not quite my favorite. Pretty classic though.

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2010, 07:18:48 PM »
Of course, the obvious response is: Great Minds think alike...  :angel:

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2010, 07:23:29 PM »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Nope, I don't read minds. That would be a fun little skill to have.   ;D

There is a Cartier out there that I like and I didn't find during my quick browse, perhaps you have it... (there, feel needed now)? The one I posted is lovely, however, not quite my favorite. Pretty classic though.

I always feel needy  >:D. I have just bought one absolutely fabulous thing - not a tiara, but to give you an idea of how good this thing is, the dealer bought it at 3 pm today, and at 5.30 I had bought it off him, but I can't put my mitts on it for another couple of months, while it is being researched and restored.

The scans have to wait until Saturday (if my home scanner decides to work)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:51:40 PM by oldmancoyote »

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2010, 07:46:27 PM »
Oh phooey. Already I am envious. *SIGH*

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2010, 09:31:19 PM »
i can't wait to see what you bought OMC, it must be good. and next time you kicked out onto the couch, i have a (ahem) place for you to sleep  :-*

Offline saqsay1

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2010, 09:33:25 PM »
i don't know who made this one, but i like it for a Christmas tiara. I could have gotten married in this one.