Author Topic: Can't see the photos!  (Read 7421 times)

Offline cherrypie

Can't see the photos!
« on: February 17, 2010, 05:51:49 PM »
I hope one of you computer savvy people out there can help - when I click on postings of new stones/jewellery, the pictures will not load.  I've tried with several browsers and it happens with all of them.  Is the problem at DBL's end?  Are you using a new programme to load up the photos?  I use a Mac, btw.

Carol   ???

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
Re: Can't see the photos!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 05:55:35 PM »
Couple of thoughts - is this at home or at work? Did you recently change router/modem/connection to the internet? Did you install any software on the computer? Can you flush the cache on the browser and force a reload of the whole page?

The problem is not at DBL's end because I can see images without any problem.

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 06:25:21 PM »
It could be your ISP, internet service provider. Pages aren't loading right maybe. What a bummer.

Can you see attached photos, the one with the paperclip? Can you see the ones that are really large with no paperclip?

Offline annie1

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 09:21:21 PM »
Cherrypie - Is this happening on diamondsbylauren.com or on CDI?
:duckie:  Annie  :duckie:
DBL Technical assistant, CDI Moderator
Check out DBL's new items!

Offline cherrypie

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 02:14:50 AM »
Thanks for all the responses.  

OMC - I'm using my home laptop, haven't changed router/modem or internet connection.  I haven't installed any new software, just software updates, which I suppose could be the problem.  I clear browser and cache regularly and it doesn't make any difference, the pics still don't load.  

Annie, it happens on CDI and DBL.com.  

WM - I can see the paperclip attachments, but not the the really large pics.

I'll ask my DH if he knows what the problem is when he gets back tonight.

Thanks again for your input!

Carol   8)

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 05:00:53 PM »
C-pie, I'm sorry to hear that you can't see the pics. I just go nuts when it happens to me. I use Macs and a Verizon smartphone and I have no trouble these days with either the CDI or DBL sites. We used to have a TERRIBLE time with our satellite connection (with certain weather conditions loading was VERY SLOW which caused ALL sorts of online issues); however, we switched to Verizon MiFi and have never looked back! When I have loading problems now (rarely), it is always browser-related. Sometimes Safari does not play well with others, and, USUALLY, if I try reloading something on Firefox, all is well. I hope you and DH get things straightened out soon. I KNOW it is frustrating. Just be glad that David hasn't added some sensational 3ct blue diamond, or something similarly rare, killer, and not-to-be-missed, to the inventory... !  :freakout: :BangHead: :freakout:

Offline cherrypie

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 08:33:47 AM »
Iím continuing to have a problem in seeing photos of rings etc when I view threads. Iíve never had a problem in the past and it seems to have occurred since DBL stopped attaching photos to posts and started referencing them from a different directory/server, ie http://diamondsbylauren.com/imagesÖ

Although I use a Mac, I know itís not an operating system issue as my husband canít access them from Windows either. I donít think itís a browser issue either as photos wonít load in:

Internet Explorer 8 (Windows)
Firefox (Windows and Mac)
Safari (Windows and Mac)
Google Chrome (Mac)
Camino (Mac)
Omniweb (Mac)

Even if I try to load the photo from its referenced location, eg http://diamondsbylauren.com/images/10/02/r3257e.jpg, it still won't load.

Clearly, some members of the forum can see the photos, but I know I'm not the only one who's having problems as I saw a post earlier from another member who seems to have the same issue as me.

Please can you help?

Carol   8)

Offline annie1

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 08:44:30 AM »
Hey Carol - Sorry you're still having problems.  How is your internet speed?  Do other websites load slowly?
:duckie:  Annie  :duckie:
DBL Technical assistant, CDI Moderator
Check out DBL's new items!

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 09:55:51 AM »
My guess is that it is somehow related to your internet service provider. I'm too dumb to understand WHY or HOW that might be, however, it seems to be the common link between you and your DH's computers. Also, I know that for me, in the past, my internet host was the problem, time and time again. Have you tried contacting a representative there? Could there be some sort of security setting that is causing this? How frustrating this must be. I hope you can figure out the DBL pic incompatibility issue soon.  :-\

Offline Mikla

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 06:05:41 PM »
I'm sorry you're having this problem!  I am using a Mac with Safari and don't have any issues, so it must be something else.  I like Trinkette's suggestion about contacting your internet provider.  Speed matters.  I hope you're up and running soon!

Mikla
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 06:07:10 PM by Mikla »
Diamonds make me jump for joy! :bliss:

My Gallery Images

Offline cherrypie

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 11:40:39 PM »
Hi T and Mikla, I think you might be right about the problem being with our ISP, although I don't know why.  Our broadband speed is 10MB and stuff downloads pretty quickly.  I guess Mr Cherrypie will have to give them a call as I'm getting desperate!

Carol   8)

Offline cherrypie

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 07:47:39 AM »
Have found a temporary solution by using a proxy server to see the photos.  Love the small diamond hoops, can't wait to see the pink ones!

Carol   8)

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 08:06:34 AM »
YEA... let's give a round of applause for the proxy sever!!!!! At least you're able to get a peek! Gosh, I'd be SO frustrated by now.  :angry5:

Offline cherrypie

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 12:02:22 PM »
LOL, Trinkette - you have NO idea!!!

Carol   ;D

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 12:17:54 PM »
YES, I do! I have BEEN THERE before.  :BangHead:

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 04:54:38 PM »
I also think the DBL server is sputtering a bit lately. It happens. But it could be your isp is not resolving the photos right now. But the photos are hosted on diamondsbylauren.com. And those are the ones that seem to blip in and out lately.