Author Topic: Expanding DBL logo recognition.  (Read 8716 times)

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
Re: Expanding DBL logo recognition.
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2010, 10:24:24 PM »
Okay...ummm...what-the-frank-n-beans is a koozie?  :N1i'mconfusedHL:

Offline Rubymu

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 07:07:32 AM »
What about branded jewellery related items?  They aren't worn in a way that could alert the baddies, but may be seen in safer situations (with friends and family, in a jewellery shop).

A polishing cloth with branding on it would fit into postage box easily and would be relatively inexpensive to produce to either give away or sell.  A little reminder of DBL when you take it out of your handbag for an on-the-run polish.

A triplet loupe with DBL on it would be more expensive to produce, but desirable to purchase.  And you could put the Diamonds by Lauren words (and diamond shapes?) on a flat cord to wear around your neck when using the loupe. Or even a short branded clutch cord to help you find it in your bag. 

DBL has lots of fluorescent diamonds - what about branded UV mini torches or torch keychains.  A good way to to show off those live fluorescent diamonds and talk about DBL at the same time. 

A branded keychain is a bit prosaic, but would be relatively cost effective to produce and wouldn't be as much of public display of diamond ownership as a T-shirt.  Or make a diamond encrusted platinum keychain....... and use a little coloured pear diamond in the appropriate spot.  Although that might be a tad excessive :)

You could also have a logo on small jewellery travel case or pouch.  I think the DBL logo should definitely be on the silk on the inside of presentation boxes.

I think DBL is an elegant company, and my feeling is the DBL style would be best preserved with subtle and appropriate branding.

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2010, 08:16:55 AM »
I agree, regarding logo desirability on DBL gift boxes. However, I think we brought-up this issue awhile back and determined that there are necessary design alterations/considerations to make a logo suitable for the inside of a small box. I may be wrong, but, I don't think that a specific DBL redesign for packaging has come to fruition yet. Having done logo design in my "former life" I  know that a lot of wonderful motifs hit the waste can because they don't translate well in the various forms that are needed for packaging. Usually, there need to be several logo forms and formats to properly cover a client's needs. It's not easy...

Offline Sparkly-OCD

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 11:43:36 AM »
Rubymu,
I like your ideas!
  mini UV torch/light
  cleaning cloths
  jewelry pouch
and the calendar will all fit into the standard shipping boxes.

Hint.. hint.. :david: I want a UV light with my next purchase. ;D
Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.  -Mark Twain

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 05:26:14 PM »

Hint.. hint.. :david: I want a UV light with my next purchase. ;D
hi Sparkley

Consider it done!

This is an awesome thread- we WILL put some of these ideas into work
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010, 05:31:59 PM »
Jewelry pouch makes a lot of sense. I like relevant promotional products. A loupe would be cool.

Offline Mikla

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2010, 06:48:18 PM »
Okay...ummm...what-the-frank-n-beans is a koozie?  :N1i'mconfusedHL:

It's an enclosed circular foam wrap with a bottom that one puts their beer, soda, or whatever can in to keep it insulated.  Also keeps any moisture off of the surface it is sitting on.  You know what it is, either by sight or another name!   ;)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 06:49:32 PM by Mikla »
Diamonds make me jump for joy! :bliss:

My Gallery Images

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 08:31:38 PM »
ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh...a can insulator. Thanks Mikla.

Offline Rubymu

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2010, 11:04:13 PM »
It's called a  'stubbie holder' here in Australia.