Author Topic: Expanding DBL logo recognition.  (Read 8797 times)

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
Expanding DBL logo recognition.
« on: January 05, 2010, 09:26:48 AM »

First off, let me say that everytime I log onto the DBL site I'm still really taken with the logo. I think it is an awesome design and beautifully executed.

That said, it has been a while since this topic has been brought up. (Actually, it was in 2007)...so after three years,  I'm going to bring it to the forefront for discussion again. 

I would love to see black T-shirts or Black Polo shirts with the DBL Logo for sale on the site. If it was good quality and high end, I don't think there would be a problem with selling out stock. There are some vendors that do small quantities with embroidery. Anywho, I think they would be great conversation starters...don't you guys?

Any thoughts?

Offline Trinkette

Re: Expanding DBL logo recognition.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 10:30:43 AM »
Can we get some where the diamonds morph into different diamond shapes and colors, like on the website?  >:D

(just kidding... really, only an OLD person, with absolutely no common sense, would ask such a stupid question... right, DJM)?  ::)

Seriously, it is a very viable idea. AND, these would make great prizes for CDI CONTEST winners, don't you think? Definitely, we need little kid sizes to fit all the little CDI babies...

Offline annie1

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 03:07:34 PM »
Definitely, we need little kid sizes to fit all the little CDI babies...

How about maternity sizes for those who have quickly expanding bellies?   ;)

Really though, I would wear one once I could fit into it.  I think there would have to be ladies style t-shirts though, instead of the standard boxy (is that word?) ones.
:duckie:  Annie  :duckie:
DBL Technical assistant, CDI Moderator
Check out DBL's new items!

Offline Sparkly-OCD

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 04:56:02 PM »
For personal reasons I would not want to wear a shirt with the words "Diamonds by".  Yes, as I see the world becoming more evil and evil becoming the norm, I am growing more paranoid.  Laugh if you must, but I would feel as though I was wearing a flashing neon sign "Follow me for a successful home invasion". :xyxnervous: I know some of you think I have totally lost it :tard:, but I think twice about where I wear my DBL pieces.

I think a black polo shirt with the logo embroidered would be attractive, but I would not want to win one and I would not buy or wear one.

Sorry djm, I am certain that is not what you wanted to hear, but that is my very personal opinion.
Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.  -Mark Twain

Offline Awestruck

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »
Sorry DJM I wouldn`t wear one either. Partly because of the same reasons OMC talked about and also partly because I don`t like logos or labels on my clothes. I`ve even been known to cut them off the inside of things !
Lynne
Diamonds are like people, put them under a microscope and you`ll always see a flaw but hold them up to the Sun and each and every one is beautiful.

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 06:38:21 PM »
No worries S-OCD and awestruck, I appreciate your candidness...that's what I love about this forum.

Anywho, maybe we can have the logo redesigned with DBL instead of the entire name spelled out. After all, everyone knows what D&G stands for...and CC for that matter.

Personally, I like labels...lol.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 06:40:06 PM by djm195 »

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 08:54:25 PM »

Above is the official logo. And I think we never got to this because David is swamped and I am swamped and so as a priority, it just did not happen. But it's a neat idea for those who wear logo apparel.

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 09:33:23 PM »
I totally understand the considerations.
I lived for years having to exercise extreme security measures traveling around with a million bucks in a little suitcase.
BUT- I love the idea.
It could be taken further.
Coffee mugs. Pens ( although that one's been done to death) or maybe some other personal items - along with high quality T's.
Sounds like a GREAT idea - thank you djm!!!!
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 04:03:34 AM »
It is an excellent idea!

A small range of high quality merchandise would be cool. Some people will like t-shirts, some will prefer coffee mugs, pens, key rings, notepads etc. How about a mousemat?

A fair few people have asked where I got things (usually my hoops, they're been admired a lot) and when I tell them about the website, eyes tend to glaze over. Having something to show with the details would be useful. A notepad with the logo and website address on each page would be really good.

I'd love some nice coffee mugs. When I graduate and (hopefully) start work, I can set out my desk with my DBL mug, mousemat, notepad and pen so I feel at home straight away.  >:D At the moment, all of these items advertise security services and CCTV system components, from a project I did for a police force. Time to update with shiny stuff! ;D
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 06:27:15 AM »
I love the idea of having a couple of promotional items available!  

Speaking of suitcases, check this out David...a travel clock in rose gold. Doesn't it scream DBL?  LOL!

I still want a polo...

and for jen...

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 06:39:41 AM by djm195 »

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 07:04:17 AM »
Cool stuff!

I would like a black coffee mug with a pink diamond on it too.  ;)

Thinking about this, I know of one vendor who has his actual logo available to buy as a piece of jewellery so maybe a polo shirt isn't too weird.

Offline Mikla

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 07:37:37 AM »
Yes, the coffee mug is a great idea!  I would definitely go for that.  You know it'll be used, probably more than a logo shirt.

Mikla
Diamonds make me jump for joy! :bliss:

My Gallery Images

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 08:07:36 AM »
HA! 

Hey--I'd even volunteer to crazy glue a swarovski crystal where the "O" is in the logo. How cool would that be?

Offline Sparkly-OCD

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 09:41:51 AM »
HA! 

Hey--I'd even volunteer to crazy glue a swarovski crystal where the "O" is in the logo. How cool would that be?

OK! If djm promises to glue on the swarovski crystal, I'll take a coffee mug.  ;D
Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.  -Mark Twain

Offline Awestruck

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 12:57:06 PM »
I`d love to see a DBL calender with a photo of a beautiful piece of jewellery or a stunning loose diamond on every month. What better to cheer a person and the logo could be loud and clear on every page.
Too late for this year but something I`d love to have on my office wall for next year.
Lynne
Diamonds are like people, put them under a microscope and you`ll always see a flaw but hold them up to the Sun and each and every one is beautiful.

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 03:13:04 PM »
I'd buy one of them!

Offline annie1

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 03:31:05 PM »
I`d love to see a DBL calender with a photo of a beautiful piece of jewellery or a stunning loose diamond on every month. What better to cheer a person and the logo could be loud and clear on every page.
Too late for this year but something I`d love to have on my office wall for next year.
Lynne

Can I just say that this is the best idea ever?

Offline Sparkly-OCD

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 03:36:13 PM »
YES! YES! YES!
CALENDAR! CALENDAR! CALENDAR!
:rahrah: :rahrah: :rahrah:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 03:40:38 PM by Sparkly-OCD »

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 07:27:56 PM »
and...it shouldn't be too hard to execute. (Narrowing it down to only 12 photos will be the hardest part of the entire project...lol).

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 07:48:21 PM »
 :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:  Outstanding Idea, Annie!  I could go for that!

and if David just can't decide on 12, well, there are always a space or two at the start and/or end of the month for little ones deserving honerable mentions. >:D
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 08:54:45 PM »
I think a black coffee cup is doable. I'm wondering about an item that will fit in the box, though.

Offline Mikla

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 09:41:55 PM »
What do you mean by that, WM?  An item that will fit in the box?   ???

Mikla
Diamonds make me jump for joy! :bliss:

My Gallery Images

Offline annie1

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 10:01:34 PM »
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:  Outstanding Idea, Annie!  I could go for that!

and if David just can't decide on 12, well, there are always a space or two at the start and/or end of the month for little ones deserving honerable mentions. >:D

Thanks, but the praise has to go to Lynne on this one!   ;)

What do you mean by that, WM?  An item that will fit in the box?   ???

Mikla

I'm guessing WM is thinking about something that could be added to the UPS box with a jewelry purchase, but I'm not sure.

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 10:24:59 PM »
Koozie? :5160
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 05:56:03 PM »
Annie is right. I was thinking a coffee cup would not fit in the boxes DBL uses to send. But a black koozie would.