Author Topic: Diamonds-Really stunning  (Read 12198 times)

davisallison

Diamonds-Really stunning
« on: November 23, 2009, 12:56:05 AM »
I have a great fascination for diamonds..
I would love to purchase some good and beautiful diamond accessories for my love..
So kindly suggest some good online diamond stores that are reliable..and trustworthy..

Online oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
Re: Diamonds-Really stunning
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 05:02:08 AM »
Hum. Embarrassing question on a sponsored site. Where the sponsor by the way entirely fits your requirements: reliable and trustworthy, with beautiful pieces in stock.

Not sure what else to say, except to give David a ring, and see how you get on.

Good luck!

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 08:12:15 AM »
Yes, this is a Diamonds By Lauren sponsored site, not a consumer-review site. That being said, most of the  sparkly-saavy folks here have, no doubt, made online and B&M diamond purchases elsewhere, and they still choose to participate enthusiastically on the CDI site, non-gratis. ANYONE and everyone is welcome to join in, and many people use this site to study, judge and evaluate the DBL merchandise.  If you are not sure about what you are looking for, or would like some thoughts regarding certain pieces or design ideas, we love to throw in our two-cents. And, you will find many differing opinions... that's what  makes it such an interesting site. Beware, if you stick around, you may end-up making friends along the way, hope that's OK!

I've been bugging the folks here at CDI for nearly three years now,  :freakout:  and I must say, the majority of active participants here have ALL purchased from a reliable, knowledgeable, trustworthy diamond vendor who has gorgeous in-stock and custom pieces... David. And, we keep coming back for more. I'd even venture to say that many not-so-active-anymore CDIers continue to purchase from David. He's got the goods.

Sounds like your sweetie is very lucky. I hope you find the special pieces that will make both your hearts sing. Meanwhile, enjoy browsing and  shopping! We'd love to hear from you...  :devildance:

Offline SaoriViola

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 12:02:40 PM »
Hello DA and welcome!

I got into diamonds when my now husband proposed.  he researched and researched, and ended up going with a prominent online diamond retailer.  he chose a beautiful setting and a very high end diamond - .81 carat, D, VS1, ex cut, ex polish, ex symmetry, med blue fluorescence round brilliant cut diamond knowing only it's statistics and never seeing an actual picture of it.  you can see the ring with it's matching wedding band in my avatar. 

The ring arrived, but the craftsmanship was appalling, the prongs were bent and scratchy, the halo was also very bent and one of the pave diamonds was too small for the setting and looked invisible, the day after he proposed and i got my ring, we had to send it back to have them fix it. we had to pay the shipping cost, AND i was without my ring for 2 weeks.  my sweetheart was so disappointed.  though this retailer is VERY well known with a great reputation their jewelers are clearly not the best.  i think they thrive on volume and that is why my ring was so mangled.  also, at about one year old one of the pave diamonds nearly fell out and i had to take it to a local jeweler to get it fixed. :(

now, i love my ER, but if my hubby had found the Diamonds by Lauren website, he would have DEFINITELY gone with them over the other.  I have been looking at David's products and forum for a long time now, and though I haven't yet gotten the opportunity to purchase anything, I can say without a doubt, that I would trust him with any purchase, large or small. 

We got lucky with my diamond, i love it and it is beautiful, but it was not hand picked like all the stones you'll find here.
that's my two cents, hope it helps.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 12:12:41 PM by SaoriViola »

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 01:00:40 PM »
OK, I'm officially blushing.

I could not be more proud that this truly amazing group of people choose to spend time here.
It's clear on many internet forums that "nice" has little value. CDi is the exception to that rule!

davisallison - while it's true the site is a "one vendor" site, I believe we can still provide info that will be helpful to you no matter where you decide to purchase.
thanks for joining!!!

David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline rio

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 01:41:41 PM »
The internet can be a scary place to do business.  We all know and have shared the horror stories.  Rest assured that this site sets the standard of how business should be conducted.
If you browse around this site, and watch the posts in this forum you will see what I mean.

Rio

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 09:26:19 PM »
And I have to say when we started the forum, plans were different. I probably need to brand it as diamonds by lauren with our colors so people know.

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 09:45:28 PM »
I have a great fascination for diamonds..
I would love to purchase some good and beautiful diamond accessories for my love..
So kindly suggest some good online diamond stores that are reliable..and trustworthy..

davisallison- I forgot to mention how happy I am you posted!
WELCOME!!
I, and a lot of others around here- are totaly fascinated by diamonds!

If you wanted to tell us what type of diamond you like, we might at least be able to show you what we have so you'd have something to compare it to.

As a sponsored site we don't want to recommend, or knock any other sellers.

Short of that, I'd be more than happy to offer you a tradesperson viewpoint on prices of any diamond- in other words, what you might expect to pay, even if you shop elsewhere.

Other cdi members would likely add great value to that type of conversation as well.

At the end of the day, I'd be really happy of you found the site useful, and enjoyed it.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 09:46:56 PM by Diamondsbylauren »
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline NolaD

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 10:43:07 AM »
A general tip for anyone looking to buy diamond jewelry online - take the time to do your research and read jewelry store reviews! Learning from the experience of others is the best way to make sure you don't get burned.

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 05:33:27 PM »
Good advice!
Here's a great place to start if you want to see what previous and returning customers think:

http://www.ivouch.com/tr.cgi?t=929

Jen
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 05:34:41 PM by Mrs Mitchell »
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com