Author Topic: OMG, I'm such a SPAZ but she said YES!  (Read 7074 times)

Offline DiamondHunter

OMG, I'm such a SPAZ but she said YES!
« on: June 12, 2009, 12:26:34 PM »
I'm such a spaz sometimes. Remember I once told you guys the new camera will play a part in the proposal? It sure did, just not in the way I expected!

I was taking photos of the ring that morning before I met up with her for breakfast. I had the ring box in the same pouch where I kept the camera. As I took out the camera to take a photo, the ring box fell out and dropped to the floor. Momentarily stunned, I scooped it up and put it away as quickly as I could. But she had seen it and judging by the loopy grin I had on my face she knew what it was. So there went my surprise!

"I'm such a klutz!" I moaned.
She laughed, gave me a hug and a kiss and told me "That's why I love you. You're so cute!"

"Just let me do this proposal the proper way okay? It's my first time." I asked.

"Ok." she laughed.

For the next few weeks, we'd be laughing about the incident and she'd tease me about the 'surprise' proposal that got out of the bag, literally.

Last Tuesday afternoon, we were at the Botanic Gardens taking photos and just relaxing under a big tree, reading some books.  After rigging the camera, I waited for the moment and sprang the proposal on her. She broke ino tears, hugged me and said "YES!".

I thought I had it all on camera and told her about it. As we watched the playback, just seconds from the moment of proposal, the playback stopped. It had reached it's time/memory limit. (Cue my anguish, and more laughter from her!)

There. It's official. I'm a SPAZ.  ;D But she said "YES!"    :laugh:

Attached are 2 hand shots. It certainly has been a funny ride!

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 12:28:42 PM by DiamondHunter »
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is definitely not for you...

Offline cherrypie

Re: OMG, I'm such a SPAZ but she said YES!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 12:33:11 PM »
Congratulations!  But what did she think of the ring, that's what we really want to know after you took so much time and trouble choosing it!  The ring looks lovely on your fiancee's finger, btw.

Carol   8)

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 12:34:09 PM »
 :yahoo: :bliss: :friends:

Excellent! I'm so glad for you! And the ring looks great on her hand.

It's a shame for the filming, but then again you both have your memories, and nothing can take that away.

Offline DiamondHunter

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 12:42:33 PM »
She said "It's elegant and classic. You know me so well. It's so 'ME'!"

So I was spot on indeed!  ;D

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 02:19:45 PM »
And there you go!  A special proposal and unique memories that you can laugh about for the rest of your lives!  :mixed-smiley-044: :N1oops03HL2: Thank you for sharing with us, DH.   ;D

Congratulations!  It looks fantastic on her hand!  Very elegant.  :love3:
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline GracefulLion

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 03:01:41 PM »
It looks absolutely PERFECT on her, and I am so happy for you both!!  Congratulations!!!! :smileyparty:

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 03:37:52 PM »
I have been wondering when this was all going to take place!  I am so happy for you guys.  I knew she would love it!!!!!   I have never heard of a proposal going perfectly, so this was perfect in its own way.

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 03:47:51 PM »
Wonderful story... much better than actually having the film, IMO.  ;) For some reason, "lost" moments for the camera are always that much more poignant and memorable to the heart. Now, you've got a forever and endearing story to pass from generation to generation.

Congratulations and best wishes to you both. May you enjoy a wonderful and long life together. Certainly, it seems that you know each other well and share a healthy attitude to life and all its quirks (and spazzes)!

Her beautiful hand would make any ring look stunning, but, this one truly looks like a million bucks! I've always been fond of this special ring, however, now that I see it on her finger, I believe it is true perfection. Gorgeous.

Strange that you should post today... I was thinking about you just this morning and I was going to write asking for an update!
 :rahrah: :ura1: :rahrah: :ura1: :rahrah: :ura1: :rahrah: :ura1: :rahrah: :ura1: :rahrah: :ura1: :rahrah: :ura1: :rahrah: :ura1: :rahrah: :ura1: :rahrah:

Offline DiamondHunter

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 04:05:53 PM »
Thank you all! I couldn't have done it without you guys! I badly wanted to give her a memorable proposal and somehow I got it! Come to think of it, it is a funny and original story we could tell our kids down the road. I'm normally a cool collected guy but whenever she's near me I become a total klutz!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 04:07:08 PM by DiamondHunter »

Offline DiamondHunter

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 04:15:03 PM »
Posed for the camera... since we did not get the actual 'still'...  ;D

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 04:20:51 PM »
It looks absolutely perfect on her hand. That ring was MADE for her!

Congratulations, I'm delighted for you both.

Jen
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Mikla

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 08:08:37 PM »
DH, that is so awesome!  The proposal is memorable and the ring looks spectacular on her hand.  Congratulations!

Mikla
Diamonds make me jump for joy! :bliss:

My Gallery Images

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 10:20:06 AM »
DH,

It is always a great feeling when realize you hit a home run--nice job!! It looks beautiful on her hand.

Congratulations to you and best wishes to your fiance. Enjoy the journey together...and above all else, keep laughing.

Best,
djm

Offline robin

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 11:08:10 AM »
The ring looks great on her.  Congrats!

Offline annie1

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 11:30:24 AM »
Congratulations!  I'm so happy for the two of you, and the proposal sounds lovely.  The best things in life don't happen the way you expect them to.  I'm thrilled that she loved the ring (even though I had zero doubt in my mind that she would).  It looks stunning on her hand.

I hope you two are floating on air right now!

Congratulations!

Annie
:duckie:  Annie  :duckie:
DBL Technical assistant, CDI Moderator
Check out DBL's new items!

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 06:15:11 PM »
What a sweet story. My husband spazzed as well. Don't feel bad.

That ring looks superb on her hand. I just can't believe how good it looks. It looks like a $18k ring. She has beautiful coloring (translate: I'm jealous). Her skin is perfect. David's wife has perfect skin, too, by the way.

Congratulations.

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 08:21:49 PM »
I'm with DH's fiance.  So relax, DH, you have no idea the brownie points you're picking up just by being you.

I have an Xtreme NERD and he can be a real spaz.  He tries to be all cool like DJM, but it doesn't always work; and he's so cute when he spazzes out.  Kind of like a cat that falls off the sofa. :bighug:  It's just absorbable and flat irresistable  IMO.
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 04:00:41 AM »
I had to come back and take another look at your photos, DH.

I can't get over how perfect the ring looks on your Fiancee's hand. Seriously. It's the best match of ring and hand shape/ skin tone I've ever seen.

As you know, I was a big fan of this ring right from the start lol, but I had no idea just how right it would be for your lady. She has beautiful hands and the ring just looks perfect on her. If the people at Daussi are smart, they'll be in touch to ask if they may put those images on their website!

Congrats again.

Jen
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 04:01:35 AM by Mrs Mitchell »
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 07:23:11 AM »
DH- thank you so very much for sharing this touching story.
I have a lot of faith in your marriage- just based on how you guys have handled so many things so far.
Remember what djm said, because laughter is an essential element in a happy marriage.

On a personal note, you've once again reminded me why we do what we do, in a poignant style.
THANK YOU for that!!!
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline Mikla

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 10:09:43 AM »
Don't feel too bad, DH.  The story is very sweet and no harm done!  If I were your fiance, I'd love the way it worked out! Your proposal was beautiful.   :love1:  I read a couple of articles describing real disasters, when a man dropped the ring into the ocean because he got nervous while proposing on a pier, and a woman swallowed the ring on her wedding day!   :N1oops03HL2:

Mikla
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:23:51 AM by Mikla »
Diamonds make me jump for joy! :bliss:

My Gallery Images

Offline annie1

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 08:03:45 PM »
Don't feel too bad, DH.  The story is very sweet and no harm done!  If I were your fiance, I'd love the way it worked out! Your proposal was beautiful.   :love1:  I read a couple of articles describing real disasters, when a man dropped the ring into the ocean because he got nervous while proposing on a pier, and a woman swallowed the ring on her wedding day!   :N1oops03HL2:

Mikla

Speaking of that, Tom half opened the box upside down (over a rocky beach...) before catching himself and turning it around, lol.

...He tries to be all cool like DJM...

:rotflmao:

Offline DiamondHunter

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 06:35:37 AM »
I can't thank all of you enough for being part of this journey. There's a lot of love here!
 :grouphugg:

I will be contacting David shortly about resizing and perhaps repolishing (there's a scratch on the edge of the halo - probably from a coin in my pocket where I hid it before the proposal). I'm checking some info to avoid having to pay double import taxes and trying to take measurements of my lady's ring finger. This shd be taken at the widest part of the finger i.e. the knuckle, right? Can't afford to spaz on this one... hehe.

Here's a few more photos to illustrate the highly reflective property of the Daussi cut.  8)

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 12:55:00 PM »
Quote from Annie:
Quote from: ah2bqat on June 13, 2009, 08:21:49 PM
...He tries to be all cool like DJM...

:rotflmao:

I was going to say something about this... but, I refrained (didn't want to spoil the sentiment moment and all). However, I see you couldn't resist, Annie.  :notworthy:

Offline annie1

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2009, 01:08:40 PM »
I was going to say something about this... but, I refrained (didn't want to spoil the sentiment moment and all). However, I see you couldn't resist, Annie.  :notworthy:

I tried really hard, but I just couldn't let it go.   ;D

DH - I love the shot with the white background!

Offline Trinkette

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2009, 04:05:12 PM »
 ::) Sorry, obviously, I meant to write "SENTIMENTAL moment" in my post above. Geesh, good thing I'm not a writer...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 04:05:52 PM by Trinkette »