Author Topic: Yoo Hoo-GIAGIRL, over here! Wedding dresses for short, zaftig Ah2bqat  (Read 42132 times)

Offline ah2bqat

Re: Yoo Hoo-GIAGIRL, over here! Wedding dresses for short, zaftig Ah2bqat
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009, 08:15:11 PM »
AT 56, I don't want white.  It isn't a great color for me, and I'm glad I'm old enough to take a pass.  I do have to tell you, Mikla,  that both of the gowns you suggested are in my  favorites pictures group.  The uow084 is a little too close to a nightgown I own, tho.  Plus, I am REALLY chesty - like 34D+.   I don't want Scottie's Dad to have a heart attack if there's a wardrobe malfunction. ;D

Colors - well, we haven't discussed them, but I lean to blue and purple, as in snowball bushes and iris.  A lot will depend on the flowers of the season, but some form of blue will be included.   Imagine that! ::)
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline Mikla

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 09:27:03 AM »
You don't want strapless, then?  What do you think of http://www.wedding-dresses-gowns-shop.com/ess-html/ellabd022.html?

Would the lace on the shoulders of "bestewd056" cover your tattoo if lining was added?  I'm not exactly sure how it's positioned.

Mikla
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:04:23 AM by Mikla »
Diamonds make me jump for joy! :bliss:

My Gallery Images

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 10:52:09 AM »
Probably not.  It's a good 5-6 inches in diameter, covering most of the shoulderblade.   :sad5:  I know there are gowns out there that can cover it - GG's already found 2; but they are few and far between.  I may have to give up and let it show, but not just yet.`

Offline Mikla

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 12:42:05 PM »
Have you considered getting the tattoo removed or just covering it with make up?  I don't know much about these things so these may be really dumb questions.   :dontknow:

Mikla

My Gallery Images

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 01:31:40 PM »
Not a dumb question at all, Mikla.

I've ruled out having it removed for several reasons, pain and scarring being two of the leaders.  Plus, under most circumstances I still like it.  Well, it doesn't bother me.

Makeup is an option I haven't ruled out. I'll have to ask around and see if anyone knows much about it.  That's 'way beyond my capabilities.  You would think it could be airbrushed or something similar to spackle used to cover it.   ;D

Offline Mikla

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 02:02:29 PM »
So if the tattoo is on your shoulder blade, then you could wear something low cut in the front, but with lined material covering the top of your back and shoulder blade.  Did I get that right?  Can you see the tattoo on the top of your shoulder at all?

Could you wear a style like this with lining under the lace at the back? http://www.wedding-dresses-gowns-shop.com/collection-html/cowd122.html

Mikla
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 02:14:03 PM by Mikla »

My Gallery Images

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 12:10:12 AM »
I am all about some color on a dress.  I am still working on this.  I actually went through my magazines and found somethings.

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2009, 12:24:49 AM »
This one comes in pink which will look great with your Bloo diamond

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 04:03:03 AM »

This one is really chic! I like the little jacket - that could cover a tattoo for the formal ceremony parts and you could show it off at the reception if you wanted to. I've never been brave enough to get a tattoo (I have committment issues for anything more lasting than a new lipstick haha) but if I had one, I'd want to show it off at a party!

I like the texture of this gown too, it is very elegant. I don't know if I'd want the little train at the back, unless it was a very formal wedding though?

Jen
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2009, 04:04:10 AM »

I also like this one very much. Understated and very feminine. Lovely!

Jen
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline GIAGirl

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2009, 09:43:57 PM »
As a wedding dress addict, this was the perfect guise to surf Brides.com!  I like all of these. 

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2009, 11:43:36 PM »
Happy to give you an excuse, GG! ;D
1  I really like this little jacket, almost a picture frame sort of shrug, but no way I want a gown that tight to my ribs.  Not a skinny mini, here; but darn, I wish I still could wear this sort of dress.
I like the lace in this picture.  It is quite elegant gown, Jen, especially without the train; but I'm still longing for a bit more romance. 

The neat thing is, if I could get a back shot of that St. Pucchi way up at the top of this, I could see if the shop in China could duplicate it.  they say they can with good measurements.  I could handle a St.Pucchi knock-off. >:D

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2009, 01:33:03 AM »
Call me crazy, but I've been looking at quinceanera gowns, too.  You can get that lovely ballgown shape with no train, and in colors like gold or pink.

And Oleg Cassini's colored embroidery is still availabe in the resale market.  I've always loved this one, since 2004.    http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/5940/Oleg-Cassini-CV008-Size-8.html
...assuming I give up on covering the tattoo.  I'm still thinking a shrug or bolero would do the job right.