Author Topic: Yoo Hoo-GIAGIRL, over here! Wedding dresses for short, zaftig Ah2bqat  (Read 42844 times)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
Re: Yoo Hoo-GIAGIRL, over here! Wedding dresses for short, zaftig Ah2bqat
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2012, 02:41:42 PM »
I fully admit I find any between the toe style like that to be casual and flip flops - even with that heel.  I am 100% against any shoe like that for a somewhat dressy occasions.  

Yep I'm horribly biased, but it drives me batty to see anything like that with nice clothing.

And I love me some flip flops (heeled or flat).  

Now if it were a slide with straight across fabric (not between toes) or very strappy all over I'm okay with it.  Why between the toes bugs me?  Probably because I saw it a ton in FL years ago with kids going to prom and I hated it.  I just don't think it looks classy at all.

I like the 3rd option.  I wonder if there is anything out there that you would love similar to that.  I love shoes so I might look for fun :D  Keep in mind with ivory dress a gold metallic shoe would look great too.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:41:56 PM by clgwli »
Squiggly

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2012, 02:54:33 PM »
Okay so you didn't ask but I went to my old stand by Nordstrom for looking at shoes.  These are not dye-able, but you should check them out.

Nordstrom has an AMAZING return policy and free shipping.  I actually buy almost all my shoes there now because if I try them and hate them, they take them back no questions asked.

I noticed I picked them all to be Nina brand by accident.  I was sticking to reasonable prices and all that but also because I've worn Nina brand shoes before.  They really are great.  In fact had them for a couple formal events/weddings and they are the best and worth the money.  4 inch heels without platform were so comfortable after standing in a wedding and dancing all night long.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/nina-electra-sandal/3224566?origin=category&BaseUrl=All+Women%27s+Shoes&BaseUrl=All+Women%27s+Shoes

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/nina-fiarra-pump/3245242?origin=category&BaseUrl=All+Women%27s+Shoes&BaseUrl=All+Women%27s+Shoes

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/nina-evelixa-peep-toe-pump/3348800?origin=category&BaseUrl=All+Women%27s+Shoes&BaseUrl=All+Women%27s+Shoes

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/nina-forbes-peep-toe-pump/3328726?origin=category&BaseUrl=All+Women%27s+Shoes&BaseUrl=All+Women%27s+Shoes

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/nina-neva-pump/3245238?origin=category&BaseUrl=All+Women%27s+Shoes&BaseUrl=All+Women%27s+Shoes

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/nina-crista-pump/3246649?origin=category&BaseUrl=All+Women%27s+Shoes&BaseUrl=All+Women%27s+Shoes

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/nina-evelixa-peep-toe-pump/3224565?origin=category&BaseUrl=All+Women%27s+Shoes&BaseUrl=All+Women%27s+Shoes

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/nina-curran-sandal/3245240?origin=category&BaseUrl=All+Women%27s+Shoes&BaseUrl=All+Women%27s+Shoes
Squiggly

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2012, 02:55:45 PM »
I"m a sucker for flowers on shoes...the third pair you posted ah2 are very pretty...but very high heeled... :xyxnervous:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:56:23 PM by lovecolor »

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2012, 03:03:58 PM »
I like the second and forth pairs that you posted Elaine...the second pair in blue is calling to me loud and clear!  I have to look in my closet to see what I have that would go with those... ;) 

Never mind...they don't have it in my size anymore... :'(

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2012, 03:17:37 PM »
I like the second and forth pairs that you posted Elaine...the second pair in blue is calling to me loud and clear!  I have to look in my closet to see what I have that would go with those... ;) 

Never mind...they don't have it in my size anymore... :'(
What about direct from Nina?

http://ninashoes.com/fiarra-teal-blue-luster-satin--15356
Squiggly

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2012, 03:25:08 PM »
Not much into the gold glitz before dark, but it's a viable option.

Let me update the scenario.  This whole excursion is a Foster family reunion.  The only member of my  family likely to be there is my nephew, Cap'n Tom, who is stationed at the AFB outside Vegas.  Mom won't travel, my sis and hubby will be in Germany visiting Major Jen and family.  And my other niece will be less than a month past giving birth to her first child.  So my family really won't be a part of the event.

Then, the reunion covers two days, with the 'O' show on Friday evening, and Dad's birthday dinner at Gallegher's on Saturday.  Most will arrive Friday late.    Also, since this is the third time down the runway for us both, we don't want a big fuss made or any gifts, just acknowledge to the family that we finally got papers!  So, we are looking at early Friday afternoon with just a simple cocktail reception back at the hotel, so those that didn't want to go on the 'adventure' can still come and celebrate.  Invitations will be delived at check-in,, if I can swing it.  That will help me calc the number we'll need for the limo service to and from the venue.

Add in that Scott's parents are covering the tab for 20 or more of us for everything except our little 'do', and you can see how this event of mine, really needs to be a casual add-on that family can opt-in or opt-out without guilt.  
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2012, 03:47:05 PM »
I say 'no glitz', and then promptly fall head  over heels in love with the teal version of the Fiarra' sandal.  But it just wouldn't do for this event, not even in ivory.  But, I LOVE them!

The Neva had been under consideration, but I am afraid the decoration on the side the heel will catch on the lace of the skirt; same problem with the Electra, only the buckle on the ankle strap.   

I STiLL WANT THEM...

Offline Debangel

« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2012, 04:33:00 PM »
Hey, bloo diamond, teal shoes..I DON'T SEE A PROBLEM HERE ;)

I like the "flip-flop" style, if I had to choose between them, because I just don't do high heels, especially that high!  I'm not overly fond of the "thong" between the toes, but a flower there would look nice :)

We should know in hopefully three weeks or less if all of James' paperwork is final.  What a hassle!! But we were thinking mid-August as well, LOL.  Really quick flight from Denver, too!  It would just be the two of us.  We'll probably do a bigger family ceremony during the holidays, when everyone's around, but since this is "third times the charm", eloping sounds pretty cool! 

I love, love, LOVE your dress :)

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2012, 05:18:55 PM »
You do realize that a pop of color in the shoes is so "in" right now, right?

I mean seriously I haven't seen a pair of white or ivory shoes on a bride in... well shoot might have been my sister's wedding years ago. 

No joke

The teal are awesome and would match your "blooo" and be something "blue" as well.

Just think about it.....

seriously it would look awesome!  I would also consider any other colors as well as a nude shoe.
Squiggly

Offline Debangel

« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2012, 05:21:02 PM »
What Squigs said!  Get 'em!  Plus, since you love them, you'll wear them again and think of your happy day :)

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2012, 05:26:54 PM »
Sorry gals...I'm more of a matching the shoe to the bridal gown kind of woman...I totally love that other look for cocktail party attire, but call me "old fashion"...I think the eye should not be drawn to your feet but higher up...at least to two of your other "assets"...or even your eyes!  ;D   ;)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:31:08 PM by lovecolor »

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2012, 05:38:45 PM »
Lovecolor I can understand.  Just like I cannot do any kind of between the toes with any dress that isn't a cotton sun dress or casual thing.  I can totally get how you wouldn't like it.

I am not much into matching like that myself now, but I realize others can't do it.

Anyway I couldn't resist particularly since many will be drawn to the lace on the bottom, why not give them something else to look at?  Tie it in with some bright blue on the belt area of the dress and it all works LOL

Did I mention I wear Say Yes To The Dress way too much?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:40:14 PM by clgwli »
Squiggly

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2012, 06:56:20 PM »
No blue belt, Squigs, doesn't really flatter a  barrel-like shape.  But what about an antique blue hydrangea bouquet?   Bridemaid in a soft blue with an antique green hydrangea bouquet.

Now, the latest laugh...My DSD wants to wear cream or ivory shoes with  HER blue dress.  Now this has potential for more thought.  I too, am old fashioned enough to think shoes should coordinate not contrast for a bride, and these are Fancier than I'd really like, but ...but...but

I still WANTS them!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2012, 07:13:03 PM »
Well I think you just answered it for yourself.  if you notice in the teal shoes they have blue and some green hues too.  So the blue and green flowers with the blue on the dresses - and DSD wearing ivory shoes...

like I said Nordstrom has a wonderful return policy.  Free shipping both ways.  I think you should try them out and see how you feel.

Worst case is that you don't want to keep them and you have to try again ;)
Squiggly

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2012, 08:03:50 PM »
I really like the lace covered shoes.  I envy people who can wear heels that high.  But, do what you want for you.  If your event is at the beach, why not wear the lace shoes for the ceremony, and change to fancy flip flops for your reception?

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #165 on: June 24, 2012, 10:57:37 PM »
What sort of venue is it?

We got married in Vegas at Lakeside Weddings just before dusk. We did a kind of funky "Traditional Vegas" thing.

These were my shoes:
http://www.dsw.com/shoe/chinese+laundry+jello+jeweled+reptile+slide?prodId=109787

Oh yes. Gold snakeskin with rhinestones. Vegas, baby!

Why not do something similar to your dress? Lace and add pearls?
http://www.zappos.com/chinese-laundry-hotline-ivory-lace
http://www.zappos.com/stuart-weitzman-bridal-evening-collection-chantelle-gold-chantilly-lace

I also love the idea of wearing color on your feet. Blue or teal would be fab!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2012, 08:09:25 AM »
Dovesgate I think you had perfect shoes for a wedding.  I could see those working for many styles!

I love Stuart Wietzman shoes.  Sadly the last two times I was looking for shoes they were out of my comfort zone budget wise.  I need to look at them when I have money to spend ;)
Squiggly

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2012, 01:46:05 PM »
'fraid Wetizman is out of my budget; but thankfully they didn't have either in my required size. At least one temptation dodged there.

I slept on the idea of those blue shoes - and had nightmares.  I am just too old fashioned to go that route.  Plus, as glitzy as they are, I am not feeling the love for them in a 1 pm ceremony full of lace, pearls, and simple bouquets - no sequins or sparkly things anywhere but on the pearls' clasp, and Li'l BLOO, of course.

I still WANTS them, covet them even, but NEED shoes that complement the dress, not fight with it.

Love your shoes, dovesgate!  And I'll bet you can find other occasions to wear them as well.  Lovely evening sandals.

The venue will be (hopefully)  at the Belleza chapel, although I haven't booked it yet.  will probably need to do a custom package since i need limo for 20+, will bring my own bouquets and boutonnieres, and don't need anything other than music and the vows.
http://www.bellezalasvegas.com/photos/belleza-chapel.jpg

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »
I totally understand on what you want.  You know what you like best and you should go for it.

In fact I think if you want the dress to be the big thing and not the shoes, go for more plain.  That way the pearls and lace can shine.  
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:23:14 PM by clgwli »
Squiggly

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2012, 02:31:18 PM »
OK, the Belleza is booked for a 1:30 pm ceremony.  Stretch Hummer to bring the family to and from.   :woohoo:

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2012, 03:50:47 PM »
Yay!!  So happy for you :)
Squiggly

Offline DiamondsAreForever

« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2012, 04:36:12 PM »
Yay!!

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2012, 10:59:54 PM »
Yay! Congrats on the venue!!!

How about something like these?
http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Product/16174-5118740/Touch+Ups+by+Benjamin+Walk/White/Women's+Brie.aspx
Dyeable, pearls, a teeny bit of sparkle, and there is no strap across your ankle so your legs look longer.

The same shoe without the embellishments:
http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Product/16208-5118787/Dyeables/White/Women's+Aliyah.aspx

Simple and sleek:
http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Product/EC1321081-5182159/Nina/Mother+Of+Pearl/Women's+Finn.aspx

*sigh* I love weddings. And shoes.  :heart2:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 11:02:08 PM by dovesgate »

Offline lovecolor

« Reply #173 on: June 26, 2012, 07:19:12 AM »
*sigh* I love weddings. And shoes.  :heart2:

*sigh* I love weddings too. But hate to wear high, high heels.   :protest:   (oh wait...this isn't my wedding...never mind!)  :Exit-Stage-Right:

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: June 26, 2012, 07:24:37 AM »
I love weddings and heels ;D

Of course I'm short so heels help me from having to hem everything so much ;)

I really liked that last pair you posted Dovesgate.  I am sure Ah2 will find something great for the wedding.
Squiggly