Author Topic: The Saga of Li'l BLOOO  (Read 47772 times)

Offline ah2bqat

Re: The Saga of Li'l BLOOO
« Reply #300 on: May 19, 2010, 02:42:30 PM »
Ouch!  Nothin' you can do about that one, saqsay.  ::)   You must have hit a sensitive spot - maybe he really IS cheap.  >:D 

Sad tho, 'cause I agree with you.  You can get a better quality stone/ring/pendant/bracelet/jewel of whatever type you prefer from DBL and pay less for a comparable piece than you would at any local jewelry store, mall store, or outlet, for sure - especially if you live in the US and  have no VAT tax(yet) or sales tax for out of state purchases.  (excluding loss leaders, of course - but when are those particularly fine quality?)  Then, too, if you shop at DBL, you'll never get something the lady next door bought, either.  Sounds like a win-win to me, but some people will keep their blinders on, no matter what.
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #301 on: May 19, 2010, 03:34:47 PM »
I so agree with you guys about most stores you see at the malls.  When I was walking around this weekend looking to see what shape of stone I liked, I ran into some really bad ones.

I find the smaller owned places are far superior in general, and they try to take the time to know you.

One of the places I walked into though was just bad.  I told her I was on the hunt for a yellowish diamond and she showed me a J colored stone.  I told her lower.  When she called her rep she talked about a lower color and she said yeah L or so is good.  Ummmm... no.  The price of her stone she could offer me was way high and the stone was cut very deep.  It was a 3/4 that looked like a 1/2 carat and they were charging way too much for everything.  Not to mention the setting they were offering was about as thick as a wire.

I really am not a fan of some places and the chain stores are just the worst.
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #302 on: May 19, 2010, 06:29:23 PM »
Speaking of bloooo diamonds......
Here's R3183, now set between two icy white radiant cuts
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline clgwli

• Administrator
« Reply #303 on: May 19, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »
I like that look!

I think I'm going to save it in my idea folder for later!  Not the blue of course, but the idea of it is nice!!!!

But I really like a colored stone next to high whites.  Just a gorgeous combination!
Elaine aka Squiggly
elaine@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #304 on: May 19, 2010, 09:49:02 PM »
 :omg:   GULP!    :1237387oyy519k20r: :faintthud:

Gobsmacking.  Absolutely   divine.  :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:  :Score-101010:

:Bawling: :violent4: :Bawling: :Bawling: :Heart: :Bawling: :Bawling:

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #305 on: May 19, 2010, 10:20:38 PM »
Srsly, D!  Please park that baby's picture right next door to the pink and white oval 3 stone - One so soft and the other sharp. Each just stunning.