Author Topic: Can I request a movie too.......  (Read 8906 times)

Offline Foxylady

Can I request a movie too.......
« on: April 01, 2009, 06:14:00 PM »
Hi David

Can I request a movie of the 1.77 N/VS2 Radiant Diamond R2613, I really love this diamond.

Thank you in advance.

Foxylady  :heart2:

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
Re: Can I request a movie too.......
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 07:43:43 PM »
Hi David

Can I request a movie of the 1.77 N/VS2 Radiant Diamond R2613, I really love this diamond.

Thank you in advance.

Of course you can!!!

In this case, it's a problem as the stone was sold......

I'm sorry.....well, I'm not sorry it sold, but I'm sorry I can't comply with....well, you get the idea!
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline Foxylady

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 08:46:25 PM »
David

Don't be sorry I guess its another case of the one that got away, just means that I have good taste....

Thank you..

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 04:08:29 AM »
Aw, I'm sorry you missed out Foxylady!

It wasn't meant to be - your perfect stone is just waiting for the right moment to show itself...

Jen
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Foxylady

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 01:48:07 PM »
Hi Jen

Your so right there is another but I don't want to jinx it until I have spoken to my DH about it, but I will give you a hint its one of the new Cushions.

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 01:49:18 PM »
Ooooh! >:D

I love a new project! What are you thinking of doing with this hypothetical cushion?

Jen

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 01:51:15 PM »
That's one of the wonderful things about DBL.  Even if you mourn the 'one that got away', there's always something new and just as wonderful about to show itself. :-*
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline DiamondHunter

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 02:35:33 PM »
That's one of the wonderful things about DBL.  Even if you mourn the 'one that got away', there's always something new and just as wonderful about to show itself. :-*

How true. But this could also mean you have just bought something nice only for something nicer to show up a few weeks later. Then you'd be kicking yourself for not holding out a little longer...  ::)  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is definitely not for you...

Offline Foxylady

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 06:09:54 PM »
Hi Jen

I was thinking of a 5 stone ring but with the side stones being of the same size and not graduating as in most 5 stone rings, maybe 4 x .15 or .20 diamonds in the same cut as the centre stone but white G,H or I, set in 18 carat white gold with the centre stone being set in pink gold. Then I can ask for a full anniversary ring prong set with cushions to match the new ring, what do you think....?

Or ..... I might have the cushion put into a halo of some description, my thoughts are endless, my dreams are too......

DH hasn't said anything yet but he takes his time over things like this.... but I have not given up hope.

Here's hoping.....

Sue  :heart2:

Offline Foxylady

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 06:24:55 PM »

I think that is very true DBL has so many beautiful sparklies that if we were able to buy every ring, earing, etc we'd be one living under the subway in that cardboard box, or bed bound under the shear weight of the jewels we'd be wearing.   ;D Anyhow I will always lust after diamonds and sparklie things as the rest of you do. Each diamond has its own fasination and many have had me at hello I really would like to make you mine. My list is as long as my arm and getting longer every day and the top diamond changes nearly every day too..... us girls can be very fickle at times, well I am.

Thank you Ah2bqat.

Sue Foxylady  :heart2:

Offline Foxylady

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 07:05:31 PM »

How true. But this could also mean you have just bought something nice only for something nicer to show up a few weeks later. Then you'd be kicking yourself for not holding out a little longer...  ::)  ;D

That is so true, but all of Davids diamonds are set in the way that you would like them to be set and thats what make these diamonds that much more special, than the ones that you can buy in any jewellers. So no matter if the diamond that you like may get away or the one that you do end up with is one of a kind regardless if another comes along that take your fancy.

I'd be happy with any DBL ring  :laugh:

Thank you DH

Sue Foxylady  :heart2:

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 07:46:28 PM »
Thank you Sue!!

It's true DH- picking from among a large, and ever changing group of something can be daunting.
I like to use the example of guitars, which I've loved to buy since I could walk.
There's a wall of Fender Stratocasters at the store- literally 20 guitars- different colors.....

When I was buying , picking one was like "delicious agony"..I mean, I wanted all of them!

But when I finally decided and picked, and got the guitar home- all the others were meaningless.
Mine was far better. Because it was right next to me.

Anyway, it takes a pair of cajones ( or the female equivalent) sometimes, to make a decision- but that's the only time things really happen anyway. When people grab the bull by the horns, as it were....hehehe
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:46:57 PM by Diamondsbylauren »
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline GracefulLion

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 11:34:04 PM »
Anyway, it takes a pair of cajones ( or the female equivalent) sometimes, to make a decision- but that's the only time things really happen anyway. When people grab the bull by the horns, as it were....hehehe

Phew!  I am so glad that no women around here have any issues with making decisions.... :Whistle:

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 02:53:33 AM »
ROFL!!!

Foxylady, I think a five stone would be really nice. If you have long fingers, yeah, why not match it up with a full eternity band, that would be lovely!

LOL on the guitars, David. I know that feeling so well. At times, I've almost ended up buying nothing because I can't bear to leave the other diamonds behind and take only one. Funny, but I'm not ususally indecisive. I'm more of a steamroller, press on regardless, think about the consequences later type. With jewelry though, it's a long, agonising decision making process!

Jen

Offline DiamondHunter

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 11:45:50 AM »
I know that feeling so well. At times, I've almost ended up buying nothing because I can't bear to leave the other diamonds behind and take only one. Funny, but I'm not usually indecisive. I'm more of a steamroller, press on regardless, think about the consequences later type. With jewelry though, it's a long, agonising decision making process!

Jen

I know the feeling.. I'm going through a similar indecisive phase contemplating "toys" on my 'wanted' list. DigiCam or an Ipod or a netbook? Speakers or LCD panel (still using CRT lol)?  :-\
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is definitely not for you...

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 01:46:36 PM »
Out of that list, I think I'd go for the digicam, but then that's what I'd use most. I'm not a big TV watcher and I tend to do most of my serious music listening in the car. Depends what pops into your head first most times when you think about it LOL.

It's frustrating, isn't it? Having to choose, I mean. We really should start a CDI lottery syndicate...

Jen

Offline ah2bqat

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 09:19:03 PM »
Based on who lives longest, Miz M?  sorry, I'll go for a group ownership and central borrowing system, but I'm too old for such a syndicate. ::)  I'm bound to lose, and I hate to bet against a sure thing! ;D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:19:29 PM by ah2bqat »
Auntie Dammit :Heart: DBL!

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 03:46:41 AM »
Well, I might be your lucky charm. When I was an undergraduate, I had a small win on the lottery, twice! Two weeks in a row. I mean, not enough to retire to a life of luxury, but enough to pay the rent and buy a car and have a nicer life for a few years without racking up student loans. I never told anyone, either. My BF at the time would have spent the lot on beer and tequila.

I spent a fair bit of it on beer and tequila myself actually, but hell, it was my money! ;D  I bought my first ever diamonds, too. Tiny little studs. I felt like Elizabeth Taylor!

Good and bad luck comes in threes, right? Maybe I'll scoop the jackpot next time I play?

Jen

Offline Foxylady

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009, 08:49:55 AM »
Jen

If you do scoop the jackpot, don't forget your diamond buddies... ;D  ;)

Sue  :heart2:

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 03:09:03 PM »
Mrs. M, I think I'm your long, lost sister. So do remember that next time you hit the jackpot on the lottery.

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 06:19:46 PM »
Ok, if I win several millions, I'll leave one with David to distribute random diamond items to the good folks on CDI.  ;D

Don't get your hopes up, I believe that the odds are fairly slender! Still, you never know.

Anyone else want to pledge some of their hypothetical lottery winnings to this sort of frolic? I can have a contract drawn up and with you by morning...

Jen