Author Topic: If you wear rings/earrings for long periods of time!!!  (Read 21779 times)

Offline Dominick

If you wear rings/earrings for long periods of time!!!
« on: June 12, 2008, 02:04:02 AM »
If you wear rings/earrings for long periods of time, take them out right now and look at them. Chances are, they're covered with skin oil, cosmetics, shampoo, soap and unidentifiable gunk. The easiest way to clean rings/earrings is with solution of water and mild liquid detergent. A soft bristled brush can loosen dirt and a soft, lint-free cloth should be used for drying.

Offline WM

• CDI Member
Re: If you wear rings/earrings for long periods of time!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 09:26:49 PM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'd never been seen with dirty diamonds. Thanks for the tip.

Offline red_hatter

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 10:44:48 AM »
Dirty jewelry and diamonds in particular are a pet peeve of mine.Great advice.

Offline Mikla

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 05:09:51 PM »
I seem to have more trouble keeping my FLY ring clean than my colorless ring.  Should I be cleaning it more often or differently?

??? Mikla
Diamonds make me jump for joy! :bliss:

My Gallery Images

Offline Perfect Diamond

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 01:49:33 PM »

Here the best way is to gold plate yellow gold jewellery since the heat will remove the oils, grime etc. and the new lustrous coat will give your jewellery a brand new look. Here in The Philippines gold plating for a 3 grams of jewellery starts at 25 pesos or 56 cents US. Gold plating also include cleaning for the price of one.

My Mother does not know how to clean her jewellery so everytime we meet I always bring a toothbrush and clean her jewellery and I always complain. I am like that Bree of Desperate Housewives who can't resist cleaning anything dirty she sees.

We have to remember that wearing dirty jewellery is like wearing dirty clothes or not taking a bath. And since jewellery are usually more expensive than our clothes they need more attention and respect. And bcoz our body is a temple of God then we need to keep it clean.
:sultan:

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 02:02:19 PM »
I knew there were people like me.  ;D 

Offline jewelelegance

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 02:40:45 AM »
Absolutely Right!
I have checked my golden earrings and i found that they were looking very dull.Thanks for your tips.

Jewelelegance

lalis

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 02:42:42 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for your cleaning tips.I have experienced the same with my earrings and anklets which seems to be so dirty.I like to follow your guidance over cleaning my earrings and anklets.We can also reduce tarnish on jewelry by using jewelry boxes.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:11:47 AM by annie1 »

Offline NolaD

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 09:23:05 AM »
You know I’ve never thought to do that…thanks for the tip!   :)

Offline brushystarling

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 12:18:53 AM »
If you wear rings/earrings for long periods of time, take them out right now and look at them. Chances are, they're covered with skin oil, cosmetics, shampoo, soap and unidentifiable gunk. The easiest way to clean rings/earrings is with solution of water and mild liquid detergent. A soft bristled brush can loosen dirt and a soft, lint-free cloth should be used for drying.

I can't imagine what type of bacteria lives in all that "gunk". Thanks for the tip!

Offline Luriya

• http://www.luriya.com/page/sell-diamonds
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 10:18:21 AM »
It's worse with nose rings. always advised to keep your jewelry or anything on your body clean and sanitary.