Author Topic: Is it true that purple diamonds are rarer than red?  (Read 11358 times)

Offline DiamondsAreForever

Re: Is it true that purple diamonds are rarer than red?
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2012, 05:02:33 AM »
Perhaps the cutter who purchased the stone from the farmer got the best deal?

Offline jackhavel

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 04:52:19 AM »

I have been told that there are fewer purple and violet diamonds than red. Does anyone here can verify this?
 :pear2:

The pink diamond is the world's most rare and valuable diamond. And i never heard about the purple and violet that they are the rarest color of diamond.
Thanks
jackhavel

Offline dovesgate

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 12:30:34 PM »

I have been told that there are fewer purple and violet diamonds than red. Does anyone here can verify this?
 :pear2:

The pink diamond is the world's most rare and valuable diamond. And i never heard about the purple and violet that they are the rarest color of diamond.
Thanks
jackhavel

I respectfully disagree. Just look at the DBL website. There are quite a few pink diamonds for sale versus purple, red, or even blue or green diamonds. Not only that but there are the Argyle mines that produce pink diamonds but I've never heard of a mine for red, purple, green, or blue. It's a very lucky day when someone finds a red or purple.

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2012, 02:34:17 PM »
Great answer Dove!!!

Jack- Pink diamonds are indeed rare- but nowhere near as rare as pure red- or pure purple.
The three colors are pretty closely related, so there'a  lot of pink-purples, or purple pinks.

I don't know that there's an accurate count to make a reliable order for which is most rare....but my guess would be pure red is most rare. Followed by pure purple, green , orange and blue.
IN this rarefied company, pure pink is almost....common:??
David
Check out our YouTube Channel