Author Topic: NEW! DBL Consignment Services  (Read 4519 times)

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
NEW! DBL Consignment Services
« on: May 22, 2008, 07:57:36 PM »
Hi Everyone,

As you are all aware, David is diligent in his efforts to bring you the very best colored diamonds the industry has to offer--we salute his commitment to this mission. As moderators, our role is to bring services, support and lend a hand to our members. Our hope is that we have, in some small way, made the time you spend with us enjoyable. These are exciting times for DBL and we are excited when we can offer a new service to our members.

Starting June 1st, 2008 Diamonds by Lauren will offer Consignment Services. We have listed FAQ's that hopefully explains this wonderful service and, as usual, we will be available to answer any questions that you may have. We ask our members to be patient with us as we formalize these plans and decide on a venue to submit articles on consignment.

Did you know that DBL is starting a Consignment Service?

Discover the best way to sell your high-quality diamond and receive more money than a jeweler or pawnbroker will pay. This is a proven service with great results.

How does your consignment service work?

Your item will be photographed, cleaned and polished if appropriate, described and cataloged, assigned a unique tracking number and prepared for sale. All of our consignments are professionally handled.

Then the fun begins: we go about selling your diamond. This process always yields an amount higher for you than through other methods. There are no direct costs and no commission fees.

DBL retains 50% of the selling cost and only if your piece sells.

Can you sell my diamond even if itís not a DBL diamond?

Yes, if it is of nice quality! We are incredibly selective when it comes to cut especially. At the present time, we are primarily interested in center or loose diamonds that are accompanied by GIA or AGS Reports. Generally we will consider diamonds of 3/4 carat or larger, in any color or clarity- although we are also extremely particular about which I1 diamonds we offer. We are interested in ALL colored diamonds.

Tell us what you have and quickly find out if it is right for us and how much money you'll receive. If we are not interested we'll tell you why and we may be able to give you suggestions on the best ways to dispose of your items.

How do you sell the majority of the items you receive?

By being effective. Because there is no fee to you, we know we won't make any money unless we make the sale for you. So we get it done. We're not greedy. We would rather make some money than none at all.

We are located in the NYC Diamond District. We sell millions of dollars worth of diamonds each year. And we have proven selling methods that are efficient and effective. We've also made extensive contacts with buyers across the country and abroad, during our 10 years in business. So we may already have person wanting to buy your diamond.

If you have a diamond you no longer want ... don't try to sell it yourself! Let us sell it for you professionally.

How much money can I get?

Of course that all depends on what you have, but many people have been pleasantly surprised with the amount they are able to receive. You will receive an amount just slightly below the current dealer-to-dealer selling price for a comparable item. The good news is this amount is usually far more than you could get by selling it yourself, or to a jeweler or pawnbroker, or on eBay.

With the gold and platinum markets skyrocketing over the last year, most jewelry that was purchased 3-4 years ago will appraise at a price higher than it was purchased.

What are the benefits of having DBL sell my jewelry?

There are a large number of risks of trying to sell the item yourself. To be brief, they are the time it takes, how much money you or may not receive, lack of a market, lack of knowledge and your personal and financial security, to name a few. Why not let us do all the work for you? You'll often get more and avoid all the hassles.

Can I change my mind once it is listed?

Yes, most definitiely. We do, however, expect the courtesy of at least 90 days to sell your piece.

How do I ship my items to you?

We accept items for consignment by mail. We will give you complete information on how to safely send your fully-insured consignment to us, after we have reached an agreement.

How do I contact you?

If you're interested in selling on consignment, please call us at 877-952-8736.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 08:02:01 PM by Diamondsbylauren »

Offline GracefulLion

Re: NEW! DBL Consignment Services
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 11:18:59 PM »
Sooooooooooooooo exciting!!!!!!!!!!!  THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:th_AWA123112: :379: :Thanx: :rock: :bunny7: :bunny7: :bunny7:

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 01:05:01 PM »
And I might add that your jewelry gets tons of exposure.

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 01:18:43 PM »
David once sold a pair of earrings like this for me and it was, by far, the best way for me to sell them.

Offline robin

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 04:23:12 PM »
Will the pieces be clearly labeled as "consignment"?  I hope so-- I especially would want non-DBL pieces to be differentiated from their DBL counterparts.

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 05:07:29 PM »
Great point Robin!!

Yes, we will label consignment pieces- but if we accept it to sell, we're going to go over it with a fine tooth comb to assure it's up to the same standards we apply to our own merchandise.
David
Check out our YouTube Channel