Author Topic: Help Ronda decide: Ronda's Rovals or EC sparklers!  (Read 6752 times)

Offline diamondjunkie

Help Ronda decide: Ronda's Rovals or EC sparklers!
« on: February 19, 2007, 06:20:17 AM »
Okay girls!  Ronda has a terrible dilemma and I know you all will rush to her aid!  hehehe

She is contemplating the beautiful 1.52cttw yellow brown ovals or the pair of 1.29cttw ECs.  She has mentioned putting them into a leverback/french wire setting in a fixed position - see pic. 

Knowing how helpful CDI'ers are, I am sure we will make sure Ronda is a very happy, sparkly person!  :D

Ronda, I love both!  I lean towards the rovals because they literally have your name on them in my mind but the ECs would be lovely too.  Have you thought that a fixed leverback style often means the stones don't face forwards properly?  They often lean forwards towards the floor a bit.  It can be easily fixed with one of those small plastic tube type backs that you get on costume jewelry.  Just slide it onto the wire behind your ear to keep the earrings in the perfect position.  Voila!  Perfection!

[attachment older than 120 days deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 06:22:35 AM by diamondjunkie »

Offline BigRed

Re: Help Ronda decide: Ronda's Rovals or EC sparklers!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 08:52:21 AM »
Gosh this is a hard one! They both are stunning! But I think the yellows have your name written all over them! But..... so does the other pair! I know...... just get both!!!!! LOL
DBL's One and only Rose Gold Queen!!!!!

Offline jewellk

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 09:23:51 AM »
I vote for the ECs! They are so versatile, will go with everything and I'm a sucker for step cuts!!!
Mindi  :munky2:

Offline BunnyB

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 10:11:55 AM »
This is a tough one.  I am a step cut addict and will always recommend them BUT, I'm a fanactic about having things match......

The rovals are bit more unusual so I think Ronda should grab them.  I think it will be easier to get EC's later than to find matched brownish yellow studs later.

:bunnyb:
:icon_albino: Alyson :icon_albino:

Snooper

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 11:40:17 AM »
Ok I was sold on the EC, but Bunny made a good point.  You can always get EC earrings, but those Rovals ARE unique!!!

Let us know what David says when you hear back from him!!!  :angel:

Offline Liz

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 12:10:57 PM »
Both are beautiful....but when looking at the pictures, I kept going back to the rovals....they're stunning!

Offline DiamondLady

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 12:19:09 PM »
Well......... I love those EC's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT, the rovals would be a fantastic compliment to your FBY cushion ring!

I think if you can only get one - period, then get the EC's because they are a new shape/color for your collection.

If however, you know you can get a pair of those later at some time in the future, then I say get the rovals. They are unique and will be very hard to find in the future.
Nope, nuh-uh, it wasn't me, I swear it!

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 12:25:55 PM »
I'm no help. I've tried to come to a decision and keep flip flopping.

Offline Michi

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 12:48:32 PM »
I totally agree with DiamondLady!  If I could only get one pair or it would be a really long time before I indulged in a next pair, I'd get the EC's, but the rovals are spectacular.  Tough choice!  (BTW, I had to look up roval on Google.  I've been buying jewelry for a long time, but never encountered that word!)  Hopelessly a newbie...

Anyway, I don't care too much for studs; I find leverback wires more comfortable to wear.  I asked David to shorten the wire so the top of the earrings he is making for me start at about a mm before the end of my ear.  I find if I do that, the earring doesn't flop forward.  Wires have to be fit to your ear, just like your ring size, IMO.

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 12:54:19 PM »
Good point about the wires Michi.  Ronda you should definitely run that past David.

Any idea when your earrings will be done Michi?  It would be great if you could post a pic to this thread too for info.

Offline Michi

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 12:59:49 PM »
Oh, David?!!!   ;D

Offline Michi

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 01:02:18 PM »
Seriously...I will be happy to post a picture, but don't know when they will be done.  I think I may end up being David's least favorite customer because I want to customize my work.   :-[

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 01:06:21 PM »
LOL!  You need not worry about that Michi - David makes some of the best custom pieces and he is used to dealing with picky women.  Heck, he's the king of picky himself (a very good thing too)!  I think you two probably get along just perfectly!

Offline Michi

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 01:11:05 PM »
I just thought of something- I sent David examples of how long I wanted the wire to be...here they are.

[attachment older than 120 days deleted by admin]

Offline Diamondluvr

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 01:15:08 PM »
Ronda-I love both the earring options!  What a tough decision-I think that I would probably get the rovals(may not be easy to find a pair to match your ring later!), but am loving the EC too---which do you think you would wear more?

Michi-can't wait to see your asscher earrings!
She has spent her life best... who has enjoyed it most.

Offline Pinklady

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 02:27:28 PM »
Hi Ronda,

My suggestion is that you pick the pair that looks best to your skin tone.

If you are a YG girl, go for the Rovals. If you are more of a WG girl, I would pick the EC. Earrings are so close to the face so I think that what suites you best, is what you would be most happy with.

I am a WG girl and hardly use my YG earrings. If I should have the Rovals I would have white diamonds around them or make them as dangles with tiny white diamonds from the Roval and up. Does this make any sense to you..... just trying to help...   :laugh:

Offline GracefulLion

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 05:24:58 PM »
Hmmm.  I do think the rovals would be beautiful with your e-ring, and it may be a while til another pair comes by. But, it makes me wonder why you were not jumping on them before if you are now jumping on the ECs.  Is it that the time just was not right and now it is, so you can leisurely choose, or is it that the ECs just grabbed you so hard that you have to have them? I think you should go with the ones that you really feel you just HAVE to have!  You would get plenty of wear out of either.

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 06:46:49 PM »
Hi Guys,
I apologize for the delay in reply. We've been quite busy around here......

Michi...You kiddin, right? We love you!!!
Seriously, I'm from Da Bronx, and I kick butt if things are not just so.....

I saw the parts for your earrings today...woo hoo!!! So many little holes for the micro-set diamonds!

As far as the wires.... the jeweler and I were discussing the aspect of swinging versus fixed.
I think the wires should be fixed to the bottom parts- what do you think?

In terms of length of the wire..... the earrings themselves are pretty sizable- so a little extra length may be necessary. Plus there will be little diamonds in the face of the wires....

Last question- there's no "clasp" right?
The weight of the earring holds it in place on the wire, which looks kinda like an upside down "U".
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline Michi

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 07:01:17 PM »
Eeeek!  I'm totally lost, David!!!  I'll have to call you.

However, let me first just say that... "I'm getting earrings, I'm getting earrings...la, la, la, la, la, la!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :hello2: :wav: :occasion16: :blob1: :blob3:

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 07:03:03 PM »
YAY!!  So exciting Michi!  I am desperate to see how these look because they sound TO DIE FOR!

Offline Michi

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 07:36:20 PM »
Thanks, DJ!!  Gosh - isn't it super late for you? I just spoke to David a few minutes ago and he said that they are going to start setting the tiny little diamonds soon!  Yayyyy!  He said they are going to be "so cool"! 

David unconfused me!!   So we're going with fixed wire, with the wire a little longer than I'd asked for because he thought it wouldn't hang right, and a clasp because I don't want to worry about losing my earrings!  Yahooo!!!   :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 07:38:28 PM »
Yes Michi it is about 1.40am but I am just so excited about all the new projects that I can't seem to tear myself away!  I really, REALLY need to go to bed here soon.

Gosh I can hear how thrilled you are in your posts!  I am so happy for you Michi!

Offline Michi

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 07:48:28 PM »
Thanks!  I am also excited about everyone's new projects, too!  David must be meeting himself coming and going!

Offline luvnjewelry

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 08:35:58 PM »
I swear I replyed to this post but for some reason...it did not show up!??

Michi those sound so stunning!  It will only add to that amazing jewelry collection you have!  I am in AWE! :notworthy:

DJ.........thanks so much for starting this thread!  I really admire everyone's opinions and will take each and every thought into consideration.  Everyone of my diamond sisters have such impeccable taste! 

I said in another thread that I absolutely love the Rovals and  they would   be :icon_thumleft: with my RHR...cushion halo,hwever,  I have drooled over the EC for several reasons! 
I have wanted a pair of earrings to match my asscher/sapphire set.    I don't like things that match too much so I think the EC would be perfect.   

Diamlady...I couldn't agree with you more!  If I am going to stop dragging my feet (well my small wallet actually!) I think I should get something that is classic and versatile and I will wear forever   Honestly....trading up is usually not an option as it is hard for me to think "that big" in the future!   

Thanks so much for all your wonderful suggestions and please feel free to post more...............I am sure if I make the plunge....David will help me make the "ultimate" decision once I hear back from him! ~Ronda

« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 08:37:46 PM by luvnjewelry »

Offline BigRed

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 08:44:46 PM »
Well it sounds like you made up your mind! As I said this would be a tough choice, for they both are spectacular in their own way. Always go for the one's you love and you'll know you will get some good use out of! I can't wait to see them dangling from your ear! When do you think you will get them?
DBL's One and only Rose Gold Queen!!!!!