Author Topic: DJ's Spessartite & Diamond Ring - and a funny story!  (Read 3302 times)

Offline diamondjunkie

DJ's Spessartite & Diamond Ring - and a funny story!
« on: February 11, 2007, 05:45:11 PM »
This ring is very special to me and there's a funny story behind it! Sorry this is not the best pic to go along with the story - will try to get better ones later.

A few years ago, I was into collecting gemstones and I amassed quite a collection. After seeing a spessartite ring in a jewellers, I went on a hunt for a nice specimen. It took me a month or so but I found one I loved.

Fast forward a couple of months to a particularly bad day in our house. We'd had some stuff stolen from the front of our property and I was in a foul mood. I had left the spessartite on the computer desk in a tiny ziploc bag and a white box. Suddenly I see the empty box on the floor. Then the ziploc just feet away. I yelled for my daughter as I knew right away it would be her:

"Darling, where's mommy's stone?"
"I ate it."
"No you didn't. (panicking) Where is it"
"Yes I did. See!" She opened her mounth wide and pointed inside. Nothing.

At this point my DH laughed. Big mistake. I was holding a box and a pen at the time, both of which were then launched at his head. He fled the room telling the kids mommy needed some quiet time.

I kept my daughter home from preschool until I was able to get it back (yeah, go figure what that entailed!) and I had it set into this ring. To make matters worse, I took my sister along when I went to the jewellers to organize having it set. I told her, "Do not mention where this stone has been. I do not want to have to explain this to Mr Wilson." Unfortunately, Mr Wilson commented, "Hasn't it got a lovely rich color" at which point my sister was almost on the floor laughing. Obviously that required an explanation........

Anyway, I'm going to give it to my daughter when she has her first child as a reminder not to leave stuff lying around.......

« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 05:12:12 PM by diamondjunkie »

Offline Michi

Re: DJ's Spessartite & Diamond Ring - and a funny story!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 05:53:15 PM »
LOL ;D  You have the most hilarious jewelry stories, DJ!!

All of your jewels are spectacular!  You probably have the one of the best dressed hands in any country!

Offline GracefulLion

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 01:43:03 AM »
OMG!  That is hysterical!!!!!!! :laughing8:

Offline luvnjewelry

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 02:48:16 PM »
I love this story! :pottytrain5:  I am so glad you "retrieved it"!  ROLF!   It's a sparkler in spite of what it has been through!!  ~Ronda   
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 02:49:26 PM by luvnjewelry »

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 03:03:47 PM »
Ronda, that is the most perfect use of that smiley!!!!  LOL!!!