Author Topic: Clarity Enhanced diamonds  (Read 11193 times)

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
Re: Clarity Enhanced diamonds
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 05:14:34 PM »
On the plus side: (s)he didn't turn passive/aggressive as most of them do when :busted:

On the minus side: didn't answer your question about "who graded them", and the description is misleading.

The really interesting question is: does eBay care?

Offline Diamondsbylauren

• Administrator
    • Diamonds By Lauren
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 05:27:39 PM »
Those pictures were really interesting! 

Pip, I don't see anything that indicates that those diamonds are enhanced, but the price sounds "too good to be true." 

I do not believe this seller is actually going to publish photos of the garbage they are selling....

Good point OMC...although eBay seems very concerned about some listing violations, others seem to slip by completely unnoticed
David
Check out our YouTube Channel

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 06:02:34 AM »
Problem there might be that the people who run ebay would have to have a bit of diamond expertise to be able to spot the mis-selling. Although it's maybe obvious to us (huge red flags etc), to the diamond uninitiated, it is probably quite subtle. I'm not saying that they shouldn't know, just that they probably don't!

When they come down hard on some listing issues as you say, David, might it be because these are simply the ones they know about? Maybe we need to start 'educating' ebay customer services whenever we see an example of mis-selling.

Some poor unfortunate out there has probably paid $$$ for these clarity enhanced 'natural' studs. I feel bad for them, even if they should have done a little more research! Maybe they love them anyway.

Jen
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 06:03:43 AM by Mrs Mitchell »
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com

Offline Pip

• Pain is temporary, pride is forever
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 08:21:27 AM »
In essence you are buying a piece of crap. I feel bad for the ppl who have been duped.
Whats the saying you cant polish a turd.

In this case they can to a degree but it will always be a turd.

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 10:33:31 AM »
They'll jump on someone selling a knockoff purse for $50 in a heartbeat, though. That is just odd. It must be pressure from big manufacturers.

Offline oldmancoyote

• Member Moderator
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2008, 11:21:12 AM »
I suspect that's exactly it. The diamond is purely a consumer issue; the knockoff purse affects the manufacturers/branders/retailers too. And we now know who really matters.