Author Topic: CDI's TRILLS OF FORTUNE!!!  (Read 54646 times)

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
  • Man, do I have to do everything around here?
CDI's TRILLS OF FORTUNE!!!
« on: November 29, 2007, 08:18:40 AM »
Hey Everyone--

Now that we are down to the final two on Survivor Diamond Island and close to having a Sole Survivor, I thought it would be timely to introduce the next long run contest on CDI.

:wow2:  CDI's Trills of Fortune!!!  :wow2:

My co-host for this contest will be DJ but here's the thing...please do not tell her just yet. I REPEAT...PLEASE DO NOT TELL DJ!! It will throw her over the edge!

During the Survivor contest DJ told me that she'd rather stick garden spades under her finger nails than have another long run contest. But...what I learned about Diamondjunkie, if you make her laugh she'd agree to anything....So, the plan is that we act really nice (and funny), give me a chance to schmooze her...she's as good as putty in my hands. Is everyone on board with this?

Anyone interested in playing CDI's TRILLS of FORTUNE, please sign up on this thread. It will start after the Survivor game is completed (which we are in the planning stages of wrapping up--don't have a firm date just yet).

Also, please do not PM me or ask questions on this thread about details of the new contest. (I think you can pretty much figure it out from the title). All I can say at this point is that it will be less time consuming than Survivor Diamond Island  BUT will be equally as entertaining.

Best,
djm195

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
Re: CDI's TRILLS OF FORTUNE!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 08:25:50 AM »
Crap---I just saw that DJ is posting again. Got to step up my game guys--I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 08:29:58 AM »
Unfortunately for djm, I seem to have picked the perfect time to reappear on this blessed forum and I can tell you that you could personally send Jerry Seinfeld, Jack Black and Bill Engevall to spend a week at my house and I would still rather stick garden spades under my fingernails...... 8)

;D ;D ;D :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ;D ;D ;D  See.  I am rolling around laughing as I type and I still would rather dissect myself with a rusty chainsaw.  Love you all and everything but a living post mortem is vastly more appealing!

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 08:31:23 AM »
 :N1Please2HL1:

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 08:36:55 AM »
You know, I am sure it's Snooper's turn.   8)

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 08:48:24 AM »
Nope--I have another role for Snooper---she's going to be Vanna! (but nice try)!

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 08:50:30 AM »
 :N1Please2HL1:  :N1Please2HL1:

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 08:55:56 AM »
 :Flowers2:

Offline luvnjewelry

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 10:24:31 AM »
OMG... rolling on the floor here!   ;D   This sounds like fun! Count me in!   Yeap....I think Snooper would be perfect!   heheheheh ;D >:D

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 10:57:18 AM »
DJ?...  still friends? :cross:

Offline IhaveaDiamondproblem

• IHADP's GALLERY
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 10:59:40 AM »
ROFL - good luck with this one djm...
Regardless, I'm definitely IN!

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 11:00:49 AM »
Thanks IHADP!!  I think she's ignoring me..what do you think? :-\

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 11:10:49 AM »
Ignore you?  Never.  I know you.  You'd call my house.  Possibly my cellphone.  Then round it all off with a quartet at midnight to play a sad, lonely tune under my bedroom window (I have a cold bucket of water waiting for them).  To be honest, I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the :BangHead: ..........I know where Gemelli hid the last of the rum barrels ..........where's a smiley lounging in a hammock when you need one........ 8)

Offline IhaveaDiamondproblem

• IHADP's GALLERY
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 11:12:38 AM »
It's a common female phenomena- we can be a bit selective about what we respond to at times.

Kind of like that earlier post regarding what female responses mean.   See number 5 <Sigh>

NINE WORDS WOMEN USE

(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say, "You're welcome."

(8 ) Whatever: Is a women's way of saying F*&# YOU!

(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking "What's wrong?" For the woman's response refer to #3.

* Send this to the men you know, to warn them about arguments they can avoid if they remember the terminology.

* Send this to all the women you know to give them a good laugh, cause they know it's true.

Offline BigRed

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 11:56:28 AM »
Leave DJ alone djm!  :thewife: Don't make me..........well you know! And count me in! LOL
DBL's One and only Rose Gold Queen!!!!!

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 12:25:53 PM »
ROFL!  You see what happens when the girls hit the rum barrels, djm?  We come out swinging for our sisters!   ;D  Hell hath no wrath like BR with a rolling pin!

Snooper

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 12:34:36 PM »
IHADP?! OMG!! That's hilarious!! Ladies, let's NOT show our men that list!! HAHAHA

Noooooo, Snooper must not help DJM in this... I just adopted 2 kittens and literally have had... Oh... 20-25 hours of sleep the past 6 days.. Not until I have kitten poo under wraps, Snoopster is out.

Hey DJ! Good to have you back!!  :friends:

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 12:54:16 PM »
It's a common female phenomena- we can be a bit selective about what we respond to at times.

Kind of like that earlier post regarding what female responses mean.   See number 5 <Sigh>

NINE WORDS WOMEN USE

(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

IHADP, I'd be happy with a #5 (Loud Sigh) followed by a #6 (That's okay) at this point.
(I feel like I'm ordering off the menu from the local Chinese Restaurant...)

Noooooo, Snooper must not help DJM in this... I just adopted 2 kittens and literally have had... Oh... 20-25 hours of sleep the past 6 days.. Not until I have kitten poo under wraps, Snoopster is out.

Great, now I have beg you too Snooper?

Offline diamondjunkie

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 01:00:36 PM »
Actually, if there was any justice in this world, we would compare PMs and force those who complained most during SDI to man the next contest........although at that point I would be sending PMs to them on a daily basis just for the fun of it........ ;D  Still think you can win me round djm?   Now where did I put that chainsaw..........

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 01:05:26 PM »
ROFLMAO!!!

Oh DJ you know you want to do it...

:angel11:

Offline BigRed

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 01:07:34 PM »
djm, I warned you once already! Leave my DJ alone! She's not kidding about the chainsaw!

DJM   :thewife: :thewife: :thewife: :thewife: :thewife: :thewife: :thewife:

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 01:08:46 PM »
What did she do..train at Camp Big Red?

Offline BigRed

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 01:11:05 PM »
:rotflmao:   No but she is pretty handy with all kinds of tools!  Watch out djm!  :xyxnervous: If you hear the faint noise of a chainsaw.........RUN!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 01:12:17 PM by BigRed »

Offline djm195

• Member Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 01:12:22 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about that BR...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 01:13:24 PM by djm195 »

Offline Mrs Mitchell

• Member Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 01:15:29 PM »
On the basis that I have yet to win any competition ever created, I'd be willing to help you, DJM. I'm pointless as a competitor and have an amazingly thick skin lol

Jen
Customer Service Associate
jennifer@diamondsbylauren.com