Author Topic: What Is RSS FEED?  (Read 1844 times)

Offline DiamondLady

What Is RSS FEED?
« on: September 22, 2007, 01:42:10 PM »
Just curious as I have not heard of it before?  The little link at the bottom of the pages that says "Subscribe to RSS Feed" ?
Nope, nuh-uh, it wasn't me, I swear it!

Offline annie1

• CDI Member
Re: What Is RSS FEED?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 04:28:07 PM »
 :webmistress:
:duckie:  Annie  :duckie:
DBL Technical assistant, CDI Moderator
Check out DBL's new items!

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 04:49:35 PM »
It is a feed you subscribe to and you use a commonly available feed reader to present information.

So, You have a location, say yahoo, and you subscribe to several "feeds". Instead of cruising around the internet, you click on links to open your feed and see the latest updates from your favorite sites (aka feeds you subscribed to).

RSS basically broadcasts information and many times you are more likely to show up in searches. The one on CDI is an "active" feed meaning it's dynamic and updates itself. The one on the new items part of our website  is not so dynamic but then it's not a forum with constant posts. I would need to convert that part so that readers show photos but I'm not really sure how many use a reader for that part of our site or simply drop by to check the new eye candy.

Offline DiamondLady

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 09:39:20 PM »
Hmm, very interesting. I have not heard of it before. I don't think it's something I would use as I kind of enjoy "cruising" and finding things. But thank you for explaining it. :)
Nope, nuh-uh, it wasn't me, I swear it!

Offline WM

• CDI Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 06:52:21 PM »
I don't use it either. I guess I should.